Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good Pair??

Thanks

i know. im not going to breed omar. but im trying to figure out why the pattern on him is being ignored where it isnt in other low pattern flames? is it better to say he is just a bicolor because he is a red?

Thanks

Just kidding Seth it's Shaun ready to go to papa j's

Thanks

haha you got me good :P

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 799 Posts

The pictures you have provided don't show much side patterning - what you see in one photo in your bucket is possibly a difference in fired and unfired skin. There may be some other faint markings, but almost every "patternless" actually has them. When they become more defined, they are usually tiger striping and a darker color than the base. Harlequin markings are usually large patches of a contrasting lighter color. In extreme harlequins, you can have the base color almost entirely eclipsed by the harlequin coloring. It's a possibility that he has some genetic component for a creamy belly that just doesn't show much, but IMO that's a separate trait from harlequin leg patterning.

I think if you are interested in passing on any red traits, you should find an intense red bicolor or patternless, possibly one that has white portholes. Then you'd probably produce more of the same basic type. Trying to create harlequins with him might be a 1 in 10 shot even with a harley.
    Specializing in Crested Geckos
    Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
    Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
    Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook