Thread: Gecko Eggs.

Thanks

Default Gecko Eggs.

Well, it's been incubating for 44 days all ready, they are massive compared to my past experience with Chameleon eggs, they weren't the size of these eggs until they were hatching. They have about 56-46 days left to incubate, I'm counting down from 100-90 days. They were laid on May 26th, 2012 from my Red Phased (not sure on the exact classification of morphs). I had moved the pair (Rita and Dexter) into my Exo Terra to fully clean out their home, by washing and drying it and sanitizing it left and right because it carried a strong oder of grossness. Not sure where it came from. Anyway, I had put substrate in the bottom which I rarely do with any of my reptiles and then a week ago I purchased another gecko, his/her name is Stavy and about 9 months. I was cleaning out cages last night and sifting through the dirt and knocked one of the eggs a bit and found the other barried back by the background. I got their incuabtion container all together and then candled them. I found veins in both. Hopefully they will do fine. I got some okay pictures of each. The first is of the eggs laid May 26th, 2012 and the second picture is of the ones I found last night.

What do you think of the eggs? The ones laid on tthe 26th of May are huge and look as if they are going to pop anyday. Hopefully not for the gecko's sake but they are massive to me!

Thanks for looking.

-GeckoRave

Name:  022.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  87.8 KBName:  021.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  86.5 KB

Thanks

Here are the parents, not fired up but they get rosy red!

Name:  050.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  93.4 KB

Thanks

Both sets of eggs look good from what I can tell. The larger set may or may not hatch soon - depending on how moist your substrate is, they can grow more quickly absorbing a lot of moisture from the perlite. Good luck!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
    Both sets of eggs look good from what I can tell. The larger set may or may not hatch soon - depending on how moist your substrate is, they can grow more quickly absorbing a lot of moisture from the perlite. Good luck!
    I'm fine with waiting! :-) I'm hopeful they will hatch in time for school starting but I know they will be stronger if they hatch a bit later. It's probably all the excitement! ha I forgot to add that I don't let them sit out in the light, it was when I kind of moving things around my room I found a better spot to incubate them in that sits at 72 degrees almost all the time and decided to take pictures. They reside in a nice warm dark spot. How often do you suggest I bump up the humidity and if it gets to be too foggy looking in the container to open the lid and let it air out for how long of time? Just the typical beginner worries.

Thanks

Why do you bump up the humidity? Are there holes in the cup? If not, you should not need to add more water - just vent the cup open once a week for a minute or so to let fresh air in. This should not be enough time, over the course of incubating one set of eggs, to bring down the humidity much in the cup.

Thanks

I had them in a cup that had holes in it but transfered them into a container that has none.