Thread: breeding time

Thanks

Question breeding time

when is quitting time for starting to breed cresteds this year..i live in florida and it naturally stays warmer until like january here. just wondering what you guys think.

Thanks

Thats a hard question to answer considering possibilities that allow for a large degree of environmental control. I would consider furhter research on natural breeding season conditions and timelines and use that info to best compare it to your current location.
    STEVEN

Thanks

ok but so as long as i can keep up with their natural breeding environmental temps and photo periods i can do this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by harro741 View Post
    ok but so as long as i can keep up with their natural breeding environmental temps and photo periods i can do this?
    Ahhh well if you want to regulate what's going on in New Calendonia in your house you can try...

I'd get in contact with the many Florida breeders here on the forums and ask them about any problems they've experienced.
    I keep my temps in the low 70s year round (I'm in Alabama) and thus far I've had no problems with females stopping laying in the winter months.
    The name Stella fills me with dread.
    Mondegreen Geckos
    >iHerp >Facebook

Thanks

well my reptile room stays at about a constant 75 but goes down to like 70 at night even in winter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by harro741 View Post
    well my reptile room stays at about a constant 75 but goes down to like 70 at night even in winter
    What exactly are you trying to ask? If you want to know if it is okay to breed your females now, sure.

What you're really looking for is to be able to cool your females *if* they don't stop laying for a few months on their own.
    I had two pairings last year starting in.. July? They had stopped both completely in September.
    The name Stella fills me with dread.
    Mondegreen Geckos
    >iHerp >Facebook

Thanks

ok i will start soon and i know how to cool them down
    ive been reading lots of breeding care sheets and stuff. and ive been thinking of doing this for a couple years now lol