Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well, finally bit the bullet and got a chahoua

Thanks

Ive been trying to get one from him for months but something always comes up. Hopefully after the move Ill finally be able to grab one because for that price you cant go wrong!

Thanks

More pics, just picked him/her up today! It weighs 14g and I can't tell if I see pores or not. When does the bulge usually drop on these guys?

Coleonyx-Correlophus-Eurydactylodes-Mniarogekko-Paroedura-Phelsuma-Rhacodactylus
    ROC Geckos
    Geckos of Madagascar and New Caledonia

Thanks

Had a chewie that I saw "pores" on at around 15g. That gecko didn't drop a bulge, didn't drop one, didn't drop one. Weight continued to climb, and I assumed she was just packing some pseudo pores. Now, at nearly 40g HE has gotten his package.

It can be anywhere from 15g-40g sadly LOL. Cute kid! Take lots of pic as she grows, progressions are great.
    Meg
    THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
    on facebook

Thanks

That's depressing! I'd lose it at 40g. I had a couple sarasinorum I felt comfortable calling female until the bulge came at 20g. Assumed chahoua would be similar with the weight being close. Looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer...

I definitely plan on some photo progressions for this little one. I think it's wild they go from completely brown to some mix of orange and green and you have no idea where either color will show up until it does.
    Coleonyx-Correlophus-Eurydactylodes-Mniarogekko-Paroedura-Phelsuma-Rhacodactylus
    ROC Geckos

Thanks

So far I seem to be having Meg's experience as well... I have two males that were showing distinct pores at 10 grams. I could see them with the naked eye and everything... they are 34 and 38 grams right now and STILL no bulge. So...I'll let you know when my guys drop theirs haha.

Thanks

Jeez, I didn't really these guys were such late bloomers. I'm optimistic because louping the little guy I can't see anything I'd identify as pores. Maybe a couple pseudo pores, but at 14g I'm not seeing much of anything at all. Guess we'll see in about 18 months or so...
    ROC Geckos

Thanks

It won't take 18 months to hit 40g...you should know much sooner than that!
    Charming Chewies: Specializing in Grand Terre and Pine Isle locales of chahoua.

Thanks

Up north it tends to take my rhacs a little longer to grow in the winter. This one only hatched out in December 2011 so I actually expected it to be much smaller.
    ROC Geckos

Thanks

Slower growth is totally fine. Do bugs 1-2x a week and you'll be fine. It can be really stressful to have a weight goal with a living animal. Some of my chahoua grew like weeds, some grew in spurts. No one says "wow that crested should be X grams since its X months old" so I don't know why we subject chewies to those standards

Feed her, handle her, enjoy her. You'll do fine! And remember, LOTS of pics! They seem to change over night. One day they are little brown babies, the next, green and red and pink adults!

Oddly enough I picked mostly male names for my unsexed kids, and they turned out to both be girls! Its why I have a lady named after a Fire Nation Prince (Avatar the last Airbender) and a water tribe warrior Boys names are cuter on girls anyway, I think!
    Meg
    THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
    on facebook