Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Repashy 3.0 experience log: A place to write how your geckos are liking the new food

Thanks

Wow, Thank you Eclair! I haven't been weighing my geckos very often, except for my leachie and newest. I can say that after a solid month of feeding the new diet I have noticed more food missing from my picky eaters. I feel that my garg is eating more than ever!

I started feeding the new diet the week of 6/17/12, unfortunately the only weight I had on my leachie from that time was from 5/6/12, when she weighed in at 19.1 grams. Here are her weights since then, I'd say that the diet is making a difference. The weight gain could also be because it's summer, my apartment is warmer and she's growing..

2-8-12- 11.5 g
    3-9-12-14.5g
    3/14/12- 15g
    3-22-12 14.6
    3-30-12 16.7g
    5-6-12 19.1 g---about a month before the new food!
    7-3-12 22.6 g --- a few weeks after starting the new food!
    7-16-12-25.1 g
    7/26/12 26.3

My newest, Captain Peanut Butter was only fed the old diet when he was at Petco and a few times after I got him.. here are his weights! I will say that for a gecko so small I've noticed some big lick marks recently.
    Acquired 6/3/12- 3.6 grams
    6/13/12- 4.0 grams
    7/17/12- 4.3 grams
    7/26/12 - 4.4 grams
    C. ciliatus- GreenBean, Mr. Red,
    R. leachianus- Dragonite
    M. chahoua- Oliver
    2 5G planted Betta tanks

Thanks

I introduced one of my females to the dish of food and let her be for a bit. I came back into the room to see her bum hanging over the dish. And a poop in the food.

*sigh*

I hope the others take to it better than that!

Thanks

All my hatchlings are eating noticeable amounts of this (crested and garg). Adult cresteds are eating it, even 2 of my pickier eaters. Adult gargs are eating it, 2 breeding females routinely clean the bowl. Chahoua cleaning the bowl. Subadult sarasinorum are not big fans yet, but they are new arrivals and new saras tend to have an adjustment period before they start pigging out.

Agricolae are all pigging out as well.

My grandis and klemmeri seem to like this quite a bit more than the Day Gecko Diet.
    Coleonyx-Correlophus-Eurydactylodes-Mniarogekko-Paroedura-Phelsuma-Rhacodactylus
    ROC Geckos
    Geckos of Madagascar and New Caledonia

Thanks

Positive results here too--I can't believe the amount missing from the 2012's dishes. A 2g gecko cleans half a cap. The siblings housed together lick theirs clean between them. I've already got babies registering over 3g that are only a few weeks old. Its been reallllly nice.

Its funny too, I've seen an increase in what alot of my males are eating. 9/10 of them are all putting away a lot more cgd than they used too.

I'll deal with a wee bit more mold for this. I'm also not having as* much of an issue since the geckos are all aspiring to be a part of the Clean Plate Club.
    Meg
    THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
    on facebook

Thanks

Yeah, my female finally gave in to it a few weeks ago, yahoo! Cleans it up every night, what a pig, haha! My young male has gained around 3 grams since starting it a monthish ago. My newest almost-adult male has turned his nose up to it for the past two and a half weeks, and I've done hand feeding to him to try and "get the taste" three times now. Stubborn little thing, soon he will realize what he is missing out on

Excited to get my chahoua and see how well it eats =O
    GoodTimeReptiles
    C. ciliatus, M. chahoua, P. regius

Thanks

For me, the mold is the same. I've always kept my tubs pretty moist though, so I probably had more than most to begin with. I'm not seeing any of the wierd black mold, its the same stuff I've always had after 48 hours.

I'm seeing a huge increase in consumption, and while I had originally hoped to mix the leftover 2 pounds of old repashy with the 3.0 to use it all up, the difference, even mixed is so big, that the old stuff is going to be roach food instead.
    www.harleygecko.com : Color, Contrast, Structure
    Specializing in Harlequins and Pinstripes in Red, Cream and Yellow
    3.9.20+ crested geckos
    Harley - my first gecko, retired and spoiled
    Pickle - unsexed leachie

Thanks

update on my guys: All the adults seem to LOVE the 3.0! It's hard to tell with the 2 babies but I am noticing a LOT of lick marks in all of the adults food dishes and most of the food is vanishing each night. I put 4 dishes of it in my 3 female tank and every dish is getting refilled every 2 days or so. Haven't seen any mold in the food whatsoever (I mist twice a day and let the tanks dry between mistings.) I'm really impressed with the 3.0. Hopefully the babies are eating it. I assume they are since they are still pooping.

Thanks

Most of my guys still love it. My two biggest females however are still barely touching it. The gargs probably clean it up the best. They're little pigs. I'm hoping the girls will give in soon
    "I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message."-Steve Irwin​

Thanks

Oh wow, I'm really shocked!

I bought two red babies tonight from a guy who said he offered them GCD but they refused to touch it and would only eat roaches and crickets. I got them home, and settled in. I put in a lid with Repashy 3.0, turned out the light and let them be. I went back into the room to feed my rabbit before bed and found the babies chowing down on the food! I think we have a winner, here!