Thread: 1-2 Yr Old Male Crestie Spaztic Behavior.

Thanks

Question 1-2 Yr Old Male Crestie Spaztic Behavior.

So I Recently Adopted 3 Cresteds, a Female and 2 Males. All Housed in different Enclosures, One of the Males around 12-15 grams Flys out of the bin when i open it, Always Whips his tail around when i Go to Change out dishes, or when I clean they're Bins. His Previous owner didn't Have these Problems with him, I'm Trying to spend 5 Minutes a day to Help with his behavior.. I'm terrified he'll Drop His Tail, He also Urinates on His Little Cave and Urinates on me if i do pick him up..
    Any Suggestions?

Thanks

How long have you had them? Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks (or even longer) for them to settle in and feel safe in a new home. If you haven't had him for long, I would try not handling him at all for a week or so to see if he settles down. After that, you can start short handling sessions again to help him get used to you. Make sure that his cage is somewhere secure and he doesn't have other pets (cats or dogs if you have them) checking out his cage and stressing him out. I'd also make sure he has plenty of hiding places and foliage to feel more secure. Good luck and keep us updated.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Samantha12986 For This Useful Post:

Inkscrawlly (05-29-2012)

Thanks

Default Wild thing...

I would advise changing out food/water, etc during the day while he's sleeping. If you don't already have a toilet paper tube for him to hide in...give him one...he will probably sleep in it and will never know you were there. His weight sounds a little low...but I know there are slow growers.
    I would leave him alone for as much as possible for a few weeks...he is probably just stressed at the transition.
    He may acclimate to handling..or not. My juvie sometimes just does NOT want to be messed with..other times he's fine...
    just a teenager

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CrestieCool For This Useful Post:

Inkscrawlly (05-29-2012)

Thanks

In Reply to Both, I Got all Three From the same previous Owner and he was handled quite a bit; My Female and other male Love being handled, they've adapted extremely well. I've had them all for about.. 2 Weeks roughly. I Typically always Clean the bins during the day, Which i have to take out everything.. Each of them have a Rock Cave, a Humid Hide, and Tons of Artifical Plants to hide in, and i use Papertowel for substrate. I'm Thinking he's Just wicked stressed from the Move. And they're weights are a little low, my female is probably 20 grams, Any Tips on helping them Gain? They all Eat Repashy.

Thanks

Sometimes geckos go through spazzy times, especially when they are turning adult/sub-adult. Could be hormones! They usually snap out of it, if they were a calm gecko previously. I have some animals that are just all-around spazzes.
    Specializing in Crested Geckos
    Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
    Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
    Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Spyral For This Useful Post:

Inkscrawlly (05-29-2012)

Thanks

Maybe he doesn't like living in a tub?

Thanks

@Spyral I Thought that could've been why, But I'm still unsure. I'm just leaving him Be other than feedings and Cleanings For a while, & @Magnetite; He's Lived in a Tub His entire Life, From Hatchling Till Now, and I Modify My Enclosures just for they're well being. So I Don't see it being that, Thanks though.