Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help...my son wants a snake

Thanks

I highly recommend a corn.

I'm a beginner snake owner and I chose corns for their temperament and looks. They have so many beautiful variety of morphs out there, it was hard choosing the one I wanted most! Note, that I have an immense and irrational fear of being bit by anything. Having had my boy for roughly over two weeks, I have to say, he has been a joy to handle. Personally, I like having a snake that I can watch and is active. Just this afternoon, I walked into the gecko room and there he was exploring the top of the cage. I think that would keep a seven year old's interest. They're easy maintenance, too. It's really fun to look for him and find his little face peeking through a whole in the aspen bedding.

I would consider a Ball Python or Rosy Boa, if I were to look into getting into another species. The latter however, is known to be bite happy, but they are pretty to look at.
    C. Ciliatus / R. Auriculatus / M. Chahoua / C. Sarasinorum / R. Leachianus / U. Sikorae / E. Vieilardi / E. Guttata / G. Gecko / A. Felinus / C. Elok /
    facebook.com/TreeHuggerGeckos

Thanks

how old is your son ? if he is young , you should make him wait several years . or you can sent him a toys snake .
    No one can change a person. But someone can be a reason for a person to change.

Thanks

Default snake

After doing much research we decided a snake was not a good idea. He got a kitty instead
    I had this horrible mental picture of a snake getting loose in my house...and I don't think I can handle feeding mice and rats...heck I can't even do roaches for my Rhacs!

I still want a Beardie...but that's for ME not him