Thread: My name is Icho and I am a geckaholic!

Thanks

Default My name is Icho and I am a geckaholic!

Well I was looking for a terrarium and I came home with this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_2081.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	19775Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_2086.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	19776Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_2091.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	19777
    It came with terraruim, stand, 4 magnaturals ledges, fogger, everything you see in the pics(minus the top exoterra) and even 2 geckos. The geckos are common morphs but the female is gravid. She has layed 2 clutches. I really like the set up and the stand worked out perfect for the terrarium that I already have. Only thing is that i didn't solve the my terrarium problem. Good thing I am not in a hurry for another one. I guess I will keep looking and hopefully I don't find any other full set up with gecko deals but I already have my eye on a white looking dal(border line super dal female). I think I got myself into something that I won't be able to recover from lol.

One question. I know you have to let a new gecko settle in to its new home for a couple weeks but does that rule still apply when you get the geckos home with it?
    Thanks.

Thanks

good deal. Not handling it completely depends on the gecko. If it is stressed out with handling yes, let it have some time to adjust. If it is normal, go a head and handle it. Just keep an eye on them look for stress. Tank wise, make sure to watch the new geckos and make sure they are not loosing weight
    Roxanne
    and the zoo
    www.geckoluv.com

Thanks

Nice setup! One thing I'd recommend is changing the substrate. Even if you aren't feeding live foods, there's just no reason to risk a gecko accidentally ingesting those bigger pieces. We just use straight peat moss in our naturalistic enclosures and haven't had any problems.

Thanks

Ya thanks. I did handle them a bit and I took their weights already. Tomorrow I will clean it up a bit. I just brought them home a couple hours ago so everything is exactly as I bought it. I am not sure yet if I will keep these two geckos or not because they are not exactly what I am looking for but they came with the set up. The female fires up to a brick red but has very poor crests. I will see. Either way they will be a great pet for me or someone else.

Thanks

Nice setup! One thing I'd recommend is changing the substrate. Even if you aren't feeding live foods, there's just no reason to risk a gecko accidentally ingesting those bigger pieces. We just use straight peat moss in our naturalistic enclosures and haven't had any problems.
    Ya thanks, I was thinking the same. That is definitely the plan for tomorrow.

Thanks

No pictures of the inhabitants?!
    1.1.2 C. Ciliatus
    1.0 PI Chahoua
    0.2 E. Macularius
    1.1 Eryx Colubrinus
    0.1 Python Regius "Mojave"