Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pretty much all JB's geckos (slow connections NO)

Thanks

Default Pretty much all JB's geckos (slow connections NO)

I wanted new pics of my cresteds, and got them all done within the last 2 days. These are all of my adults, breeders, holdbacks, purchases - listed alphabetically (minus 2 which are out on breeder loans). This is my biggest picdump ever, emphasis on "dump," with a little blurb about each gecko. Aren't you thrilled?

Pics taken in natural light through a window, on a light background and on a dark background so you can see how the colors pop in different situations. I'll throw in a $10 Pangea gift certificate to the first person who can name the book the geckos are sitting on, but you only get one guess :P (Edit sorry someone won that!)

Beans is a gecko out of Burrito, and he hatched out super tiny and needed hand-feeding. He only very recently dropped a package after I thought he was a she for forever.

Beefaroo was purchased in late autumn 2011 - she has put on weight kiiind of alarmingly quickly. My fave part of her is how her dorsal coloration doesn't quite stay in the lines

Burrito is my very first crested gecko. She has a goofy face and is a bit of a dope. I love her dearly. She uh... okay she's gotten really fat. She looks like a dark-and-light potato :/

vvv PO-TA-TO vvv

v dat face... v

Buttery Nipper was named partly a) after a drink I had too much of at fall Tinley 2011 and b) after her WANTS-TO-KILL attitude. She would like me dead.

Castellano (a type of cheese) - I was thrilled when I got the chance to purchase him. He is a super sweet-tempered gecko and he makes beautiful babies.

v I was told this is not a flattering pic of him. He looks all hunchy because I wanted to show off his pinstripes and he just politely tolerated me turning him -just so- to angle his body.

v Again... his "crumple zone" there shows up because I was posing him, haha

Castle (named after the purveyor of Whitey One-Bites) has put on an amazing amount of pattern in the few months I've had her. These sides are creeping from a yellow to a nice cream.

(continued)
    Last edited by Jaybee; 03-30-2012 at 06:04 AM.

Thanks

Chalupa is the sweet girl who was "lost" in shipping for a long time but still showed up fine. She is just a plain gecko but I am going to pair her this year to see if her "plainness" is a decent canvas for more patterning.

Crowley (another kind of cheese by the way) sometimes fires up a very light peachy-orange in between the top and side layers of cream - usually he appears to be almost all one color though.

Donut is a Burrito baby, like Beans. I love this girl - but she looks like a friggin bulldog when she looks straight at you.

vvvBULLDOGvvv

Dove is officially a male - baby out of Castellano and Enchilada. I still like the little 'arrow' at the nape of the neck

Dr Pepper (there's no '.' after Dr! He is not a licensed practicing doctor no matter WHAT he tells you) was a gecko I found at a NARBC show for a great price. When I brought his deli cup to the vendor to pay, they looked down at him, and then at the price, and looked at their employees and said, "I think someone mis-priced this one..." Guess he wasn't fired up when they wrote the price on his cup.

Enchilada is the big Mama of some nice babies. She's quite calm and seems to like to give me a cockeyed "what's uuup" stare when I'm taking pics.

v 'Sup?v

Erdnuss (German word for "peanut") is a girl I kept out of Taquito and her old beau Tequila. This girl is my calmest gecko second only to her mother.

Etorki (yet another cheese name) is a recent acquisition - hoping some of this reddish color sticks around.

Thanks

Fuddrucker was very tiny and quite plain when I picked her up at Tinley last fall. I saw some potential in the pattern I could make out and I think this gecko turned out to be another steal!

Gammelost (cheese) came in with Etorki - picked this one up for the quad-line look. I hope to work with that trait a bit more in the future.

Horchata's side markings just kind of exploded into crazytown. She just gave me her first fertile egg a couple of weeks ago!

Magnum (ice cream brand!) is another weird-lateral gecko, and if sexing works out I might end up pairing this one with Gammelost. I'm enjoying the patterns that are starting to come out in the area above the laterals, and on the dorsum.

Mr. Herman Cheddar came from WillC - if I'm going to go in for spots, I might as well go all the way, eh? This guy is already proving to be a sweet and curious gecko.

Mrs. Felicia Cheddar (I promise they came with the cheese names) has bright colors that I would like even without the spots, but I think her big bold spots look quite pretty on this background

Nacho No-Tail and her sister Tamale came together and they look quite a lot alike. I was told they are probably Quidditch kids. Nacho just always looks like she's smugly grinning...

Pembryn (yes... another cheese) is a small probable male, also from WillC. I was pleasantly surprised with this gecko when I opened the box. He's got a mischievous little face though!

Thanks

Potpie is an Enchilada kid, also out of an F2 male. I love his creamy tail - and when he's fired down I love the very light grey background he has.

Raspberry is a beautiful red-based girl but she is craaaazy. She isn't a biter but she is a squirmer and a runner. It's OK, she makes up for it with her pretty colors.

Rollot (cheese) is probably-maybe-possibly going to have a red base with yellowish markings. Maybe. Possibly.

Roule (cheese) came in with Rollot, supposedly as an also-red-line gecko. They were honestly shipped in some kind of cold weather and Roule has had a bit of a difficult time bouncing back, but we're getting there.

Saga (a cheese and also a nice long story!) is Buttery Nipper in tinyform. This 4 gram gecko would like nothing more than to tear out my jugular. In all of these pictures, the gecko was glaring at my fingers, waiting to eat them. I don't mind - I fell in love with this gecko's "layered" look of patterning.

Sahne (German word for cream) is another Burrito daughter. She has even more cream than her mom, and about the same amount of goofiness.

Somerset (another cheese, yes) didn't fire up quite as red as she did the other day, but we'll get there. This is my smallest gecko right now!

Thanks

Beautiful geckos, Jen! I'll take one of each!

P.S. I see that Erdnuss got her daddy's quadruple chin, lol

Thanks

Sopapilla is a sweet chunky gecko and she makes quite pretty babies. I'm attempting to pair her with the following male in order to inject some more crests into her eggs!

Spenwood (cheese name!) is a beautiful flop-headed gecko I picked up on my way home from vacation last year. This will be his first year breeding and I have my fingers crossed for nice colors and big crests!

Superman (ice cream name!) is still looking super female. I kept this one back because of its weird side markings. She's a full sibling to Dove... someone stayed in the lines when coloring Dove, and then had about seven cups of coffee and colored Supes.

Tamale came in with Nacho as an unexpected surprise. She's a little less calm than her sister but she's still pretty chill. Usually. Sometimes.

Taquito - is my sweetest gecko. Ever. She will just let you sit her down and pose her like a wire-stuffed doll. She's been around as long as Burrito has, and she is why I have food names. My husband picked her out as a baby because he liked her yellow coloring. I told him, "Now you have to name her." He's uh... he's a techy guy, not much on creativity unless it's part of solving a circuits issue. He said, "She's yellow. Call her Banana." I vetoed that because BORING. "How abouuuut... Chiquita then?" But I thought he'd said "Taquito" instead of "Chiquita" ... so that stuck. Taquito also suffers from a horrible malady.

vvv HORRIBLE MALADY vvv

Finally, at the end of the alphabet, Whataburger. He's all right I guess!

Thanks for wasting so much of your valuable time looking at my lizards!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaybee For This Useful Post:

Nandatil26 (06-30-2014)

Thanks

Where have you been hiding Saga!! That is a neato gecko.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by that_girl View Post
    Where have you been hiding Saga!! That is a neato gecko.
    Just got the little thing last week... has not stopped wanting me dead since then.

Thanks

DYING OVER HERE. DROWNING IN DROOL. D:

T___________T and tears because I'm weeping with happiness and jealousy.
    "My Karma ran over your Dogma."

~*iHERP*~
    Ethereal Exotics on Facebook
    Good Guy BOI

Thanks

When you get sick of Raspberry you can send her to me!! I'd like to go to a show with you and you can help me shop. We don't have geckos like that in the shows around here.
    Megan
    My iherp
    Facebook
    Many crested geckos, 0.1 leachie, 1.1 boas, 2.1 cats, and 0.1 dog. Oh and one amazing husband and one precious little boy!