Thread: "Adhesive" solution for adding an item to a tank that's already inhabited

Thanks

Default "Adhesive" solution for adding an item to a tank that's already inhabited

Hi. Gary's tank has been pretty sparsely furnished this far, with the egg cartons that he was raised in being the primary source of cover/habitat. Keeping the same trimmings in the tank seemed to me to be a good way to get him used to his new environment, without the added stress of new decor. I've only added a pothos to get started and help with humidity for my garg.

It's been 8 days and I'm thinking that I'm going to start introducing virariumesque bits gradually, starting with my groovy new Zoo Med 18"X18" cork background on the back surface of the tank. I think he'll really love that. My concern is that since he's already living in the tank, any method of adhesion poses health risks, so silicone is OUT for starters.

I searched the forums a bit and something came up that I hadn't thought of: hot glue. I have a glue gun and sticks here and that would certainly be easy and fast and seems to me that there will be little to no vapors to deal with (I'll leave the top screen wide open for a couple of hours, as it's currently partiallly covered).

Your thoughts? Will the hot glue work OK on clean glass and cork bark? I know there won't be much of a load on it, even with he's "hanging out" but I just wanted some feedback and would welcome any suggestions you might have.

Thanks,

Jim

Thanks

Adhesive velcro. Just use a lot~ I add the backgrounds and use Wood/bamboo to secure them as well.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...o/7fe1566a.jpg - I cut the bamboo to length to barely fit (across) and hold the background in.
    Thank You! -
    I have a lot of geckos......... I stopped counting.
    http://www.geckodome.com

Thanks

Thanks. I like the idea of using the bamboo to hold it in.

The adhesive on the back of the velcro won't stick to the porous cork bark for long and I'd imagine staples would just pull out....maybe I'll have to use hot glue to secure the velcro to the cork!!

Thanks

Hot glue will work. Over time it will not hold as well but it will work~
    Thank You! -
    I have a lot of geckos......... I stopped counting.
    http://www.geckodome.com