Thread: Converting 29 long to vertical tank????

Thanks

Default Converting 29 long to vertical tank????

OK I have 2 29L fish tanks. I have seen where others have converted these tanks into vertical tanks...Can anyone tell me the easiest diy way??? I am really excited about this project but I want to do it right as I cannot waist money by messing it up trying to figure it out on my own. lol!

Thanks

The absolutely easiest way is to flip it vertically and use screen clips to keep the "top" in place and secure. This set up could be planted, but you'd either need to do a screen conversion (which I can't help you with , sorry) or a sort of drip tray, which probably wouldn't look that nice (assuming nice is your goal).

Thanks

I was thinking to silicone plexi on the bottom 5 inches but I dont know how to go about the door and making sure there is enough ventilation...Yes I do want it to be decorative because I want these two in my living area. I have the background all planned out but just have to understand how most go about the door and vents...I have searched every way I know how and cannot really find anything. I have found conversion kits but I really wanted to diy...

Thanks

I just remove my whole screen every time I go in. I mist through the screen, so I really only have to open when I feed. I have had pretty good humidity ranges with the huge front screen lid, but I'm not sure if it would still be as good if I had done screen conversions, especially since you're planning on doing planted. In my opinion, I'd just stick with siliconing in the plexi at the bottom and keeping the big lid as is.

Thanks

Have you tried searching on here? I know there are a few posts about how to do this.

Here is one:
    http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...on%2C+Vertical

Hope it helps.
    1.0 Dog; 0.2 Sugar gliders;1.0 Leopard Gecko;1.2.2Crested Geckos; 0.3 Gargoyle Geckos; 0.3 Sarasinorum; 4.3 PI Chahoua; 1.1.2.2 Eurydactylodes Agricolae; 1.1 Nuu Ana, 0.2 Isle E, 0.01 Nu Ami, 0.2 G. Marginata, 1.0 L. Williamsi And interested in a few others

Thanks

thanks! that actually turned out good!

Thanks

You're welcome! Glad it could help, I realize it wasn't the same size, but the same general ideas should apply, I would think. I wouldn't know for sure, I haven't tired it at this point.
    1.0 Dog; 0.2 Sugar gliders;1.0 Leopard Gecko;1.2.2Crested Geckos; 0.3 Gargoyle Geckos; 0.3 Sarasinorum; 4.3 PI Chahoua; 1.1.2.2 Eurydactylodes Agricolae; 1.1 Nuu Ana, 0.2 Isle E, 0.01 Nu Ami, 0.2 G. Marginata, 1.0 L. Williamsi And interested in a few others