Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: *GRAPHIC* Example of how seriously Tokays take parenting *GRAPHIC*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elise.m View Post
    Wow that's insane. They really are the pit bulls of geckos. Glad we have Kita around to show us the good and the bad!
    As a proud pit bull owner it makes me sick to hear people talk about pit bulls this way. pitbulls are one of the sweetest dogs out there and when people talk bad about them like that it really doesnt help there already bad reputation.

4.3.3.6-Crested Geckos
    1.1-Bearded Dragons
    1.1-Pitt Bulls
    2.0-Fancy Rats
    1.0-Mali Uromastyx

Thanks

I tell ya what this girl I have known for a long time has tokay's and oneday I was at her house to see them and she had to go inside the cage and her male got her and he would not let go when he did she had to have 2 stiches no lie. Well we found out why he did that the female had lay some eggs and she did not know it her male tokay was like you are not going to mess wih my little ones lol and he got her so fast that I don't think I blink my eye lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sillygeck View Post
    Hey, Maxwell is my rescue!!!
    But although I will still probably put him with Little Bit at some point, he will not live with her.
    So maybe. Maybe, I can get away with it.
    But I agree with you 100% about the respecting their space.
    Ack! I got them mixed up from not visiting often enough!

Quote Originally Posted by sericinda View Post
    I have considered breeding Jorja and working with tokays, but I just would miss her too much. She's my baby and as much as the idea of working with her babies appeals to me...I'm not willing to give up my relationship with her

She is currently snuzzled up under my chin, licking my neck. She's a weird little sucker.
    You could do like I did with Storm: I didn't breed her until she was older and now her first daughter, Tempest, is my companion. Later I'll do the same with Tempest and that way I'll always have Storm's descendants.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Gecko View Post
    THIS ^

As much as I wanna breed my b-e-a-utiful female, I'm not willing to lose her companionship over it.
    As of last night, I almost have my second Tokay tamed, so I probably won't breed him either.

My big @$$ "Kita rescued" Tokay whom I call "King"(Kerry King from SLAYER), is a vicious little f*cker, but VERY good looking. I could totally breed him and another female and go from there.
    I'm not gonna lose my Tokay pets though, so I guess I'm on the hunt for another female to pair up with King!
    Now I want even more to see good pictures of this boy because I would not have adopted out a kid that acted like that so his handling must not have been continued after he left me. I can't remember who he is, though I know he's not one I produced. Give him a new thread though when you post.

Quote Originally Posted by newlyson View Post
    As a proud pit bull owner it makes me sick to hear people talk about pit bulls this way. pitbulls are one of the sweetest dogs out there and when people talk bad about them like that it really doesnt help there already bad reputation.

I'm all for equal rights and treatment for all species and breeds, but I will say Pits make me nervous. I was bitten in the face as a child by a Pit that had been a life-long family pet and no one could figure out what caused it. An inch higher and I would have lost my eye completely. I understand though that the breed is what humans have made it and it is not the fault of the dog.
    19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
    7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
    1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider
    www.SpottedScales.com *** Spotted Scales FB

Thanks

im sure everyone here knows how amazing pits are as pets IF the right owner has it...everyone just refers to tokays as the pitbulls of the gecko world because of how strong their bits are and can be, considering pits have one of the most powerful bites out of any dog breed, and their jaws lock...same with tokays...its not at all to put down pits as a breed...

Quote Originally Posted by newlyson View Post
    1.0.0 - P. Platyrhinos
    1.0.0 - S. Slevini
    2.3.6.0 - R. Ciliatus
    1.0.0 - G. Gecko

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LSDing View Post
    im sure everyone here knows how amazing pits are as pets IF the right owner has it...everyone just refers to tokays as the pitbulls of the gecko world because of how strong their bits are and can be, considering pits have one of the most powerful bites out of any dog breed, and their jaws lock...same with tokays...its not at all to put down pits as a breed...
    That's where my reference comes from, but people will take things how they want it regardless.

I noticed that for a while after Tornado did this, Storm wouldn't let him back in the cave! He started sleeping off in the back corner like he was in trouble! That's Momma's girl!
    19.21.10.45 Tokay Geckos: Normals, Granites, Patternless, Calico/Pieds, Hets, & Unproven Aberrants
    7.6.0.16 Other Gekko species *** 1.1 Leachianus *** 5.10.7 Geckolepis maculata & typica Fish Scaled Geckos *** 1.0 CB Knight Anole
    1.2 Pachydactylus tigrinus *** 1.0 Pyxie Frog *** 10 Tarantulas & 1 Jumping Spider
    www.SpottedScales.com *** Spotted Scales FB

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kita View Post
    I noticed that for a while after Tornado did this, Storm wouldn't let him back in the cave! He started sleeping off in the back corner like he was in trouble! That's Momma's girl!
    I have been re evaluating my position concerning animal emotions lately. I feel that you may be correct to believe that your Tokay may have been feeling some sort of negative emotion. From pessimism in honeys bees to fish personalities their are some fascinating research papers about animal emotions, some even document changes in brain chemistry with altered levels of dopamine, serotonin and octopamine.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0803212013.htm
    “they who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither nor safety”

Thanks

Hey Kristyn,

Nice pics.