Thread: How often should my Califorina King Snake Be Shedding?

Thanks

Question How often should my Califorina King Snake Be Shedding?

Hi all I was wondering I have had my Califorina king snake for two weeks now and he has not gone into blue yet how often should they be going into blue? I want to make sure that he is okay and thier is nothing wrong with him any help with this I'd appreciate it thanks.

Thanks

Okay can anyone help me on this I'm begging here lol please help me with this.

Thanks

It depends. I wouldn't worry as long as he looks healthy (i.e. good muscle tone, active, etc.). In all honesty, I don't really pay attention to when my snakes shed. When they start to look a bit dull, then I know they're close, but otherwise I don't worry about it. For a juvenile snake less than a year old, I would say that they shed probably once every 2 months or so, depending on how much you're feeding. Again I don't really pay attention to how often they shed. It's more important that the snake sheds completely - no stuck eyecaps, etc. - and kingsnakes don't tend to have a problem. Within about a week of shedding, your snake's eyes will literally turn an opaque gray-blue, and he may be grouchy. I usually opt to soak my snakes in shallow room temperature water once or twice within the next week and then leave them alone until they shed.
    1.1 Lampropeltis getula (Caldera, Zorro), 1.1 Crested gecko (Hiyori & Sundae), 0.1 Western hognose snake (Hinamori Momo), 1.0 African house snake (Kensei), 0.0.1 Amazon tree boa (Kon)

Thanks

Yea, there is no def. answer to that question. Obviously, they shed when they grow, so each snake is different because they all grow at different rates. I know when I had my red tail boa, (a little bigger snake) and it was young, it would shed once a month, as it got older and grew slower, it was once every 2 months & so on. Just be sure they are eating, drinking and pooping. Good Luck!

Thanks

lol theres def no reason to freak out about this, i understand you just lost a king. but i would agree with mrt. just monitor his eating habits and his overall health. usually eating is the first to go when a snake is stressed or ill.
    just keep an eye on him, im sure hes fine.
    0.0.1 cresties 0.1 florida king 0.1 hypo brooks king 1.2 hypo albino prairie kings 1.1 albino hondoking (hondo milk x fla king)
    1.0 lav albino brooks 0.1 goini king 1.0 albino pueblen milk 1.1 sulfer brooks king 0.1 anery brooks king 1.1 albino speckled king
    1.1 pug

Thanks

I have 5 kings ranging in size from a foot to 4 feet; not a one of them sheds every 2 weeks. Shedding rate is more like every 2-3 months, but as was already mentioned the rate of shedding depends entirely on the snake's growth rate. The previous advice you have received is good; if your snake is feeding well, acting normally, etc. everything is fine.

Thanks

Okay thank you all I know I worry very easy I just want to make sure that I don't lose this one like I lost my white cheek brooksi king so I hope you all understand whear I'am coming from legendlime05 the reason why I freak out is because like I said I don't want to lose this guy too I'm in a way new to the snake world. So please try to see things from whear I'm sitting at he is eating and pooping well and he is a sweetheart very nice guy I just love him.