Thread: How is this looking?

Thanks

Default How is this looking?

I recently redid my vivarium for the third time. This time, I added a Codiaeum variegatum, anotherPothos, and a bit more live bamboo along with a plant ledge and one of those hides that goes on the side of the tank.

For comparison . . .

First go:

Second go:

Current go:

Side:

Other side:

Let me know what you think.

There are no geckos in there just yet; my current two are too small.

This is their current setup:

Let me know if you see anything that needs to be fixed.

To answer some other questions, I made a ledge to the top left to hold a kidney-shaped dish for CGD or water (as water would be easier to clean off the grout) and I have another ledge now stuck to the right that holds a plastic dish for either CGD or water . . . but now I'm thinking that one will be the CGD dish due to the easier cleanup.

Thanks

The new digs is definitely better. Much more dense, which your little guy/gal.

Heres a quick tip. You know that magnetic hide you have on the side? Well if you think about it, as it is now, it's not really a hide since the gecko can still see stuff through the glass. What I do is get some black posterboard, trace the shape of the hide on it, cut it out and place on outside of the tank, between the magnets and the glass. Now it's more of a hide/cave that the gecko can feel more secure in.

Nice job.

Thanks

Thanks, I'll try that with the hide.

Thanks

I love the dragon with the vine going through the mouth...I've never seen one like that.
    3.1.5 Crested Geckos (Pangea, Petri, Pinwheel, Paco, Pistachio, Pepper, Pavi, Pacino, and Pita)
    ~And many other reptiles

Thanks

Heh, that's a dragon that I used to have in the tank when I kept angel fish. I stuffed it full of plastic bags and sealed it off with silicone, then just slipped the vine through its mouth.

Right now in the viv, conditions are still a bit damp for cresties. I'm going to get a better timer for my mister (the built in one is a little funky) and really start to regulate it. I'm keeping it wetter now so the plants will be able to root well and take a beating in about six or seven months when my geckos are ready to go in. I'll get it to a "normal" humidity cycle and let it dry out to 40%ish during the day within the next couple of weeks.

No one will live in there until the plants are established and conditions are perfect. XD

Thanks

is Codiaeum variegatum ok for use in the terrarium? I just bought some and I've already planted it because i thought croton was ok but now i wanted to make sure
    1.1.3 Gargoyle Geckos
    3 Ecuadorian Hermit Crabs
    3 Purple Pincher Hermit Crabs

Thanks

looks really good

4.3.3.6-Crested Geckos
    1.1-Bearded Dragons
    1.1-Pitt Bulls
    2.0-Fancy Rats
    1.0-Mali Uromastyx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beege View Post
    is Codiaeum variegatum ok for use in the terrarium? I just bought some and I've already planted it because i thought croton was ok but now i wanted to make sure
    It's on the "safe" list, but plants with the genus Croton are on the unsafe list. Really, the common name for Codiaeum variegatum refers to the leaf shape -- "croton" meant "tick" in Latin.

Quote Originally Posted by newlyson View Post
    looks really good
    Thanks!