Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why won't my brooksi king snake wrap around my hand?.

Thanks

Question Why won't my brooksi king snake wrap around my hand?.

Hi everyone I was just wondering something I have a brooksi king snake and when I handle him he does not want to wrap around my hand. Does anyone know why this could be?. I hear that some snakes will wrap around your hand and some that won't could it be just that the snake just does not want too?. What do you all think? he is very healthy and eating really well.

Thanks

Wow 13 viwes and no one wants to help me on this? doezs anyone know why this could be?.

Thanks

Maybe he just isnt one to wrap around you. My corn snakes are the same way. My boas do love to constrict on my arm though. My pythons are 50/50 on wrapping. it all depends on the snake.

Just like humans, some like to cuddle and some dont.

Thanks

Okay thanks for your reply just want to make sure that nothing was wrong with him.

Thanks

The common kingsnake in general is more terrestrial than a corn snake and tends to be very active when compared to something like a ball python. When I handle mine, they spend most of their time cruising around instead of resting. It is very rare for either of them to wrap around my hand or wrist when resting. Both of them have been known to fall off a perch when their bodies weren't anchored by a coil.
    1.1 Lampropeltis getula (Caldera, Zorro), 1.1 Crested gecko (Hiyori & Sundae), 0.1 Western hognose snake (Hinamori Momo), 1.0 African house snake (Kensei), 0.0.1 Amazon tree boa (Kon)

Thanks

I see okay thanks gecko foot for your reply I have a white cheek brooksi king snake are they the common king snakes?.

Thanks

"Common kingsnake" refers to any snake of the species Lampropeltis getula. The Brooks kingsnake is actually a variant of the Florida kingsnake (L. getula floridana)

This is a mosaic morph Florida kingsnake (L. getula floridana)

This is a normal banded California kingsnake (L. getula californiae)

These are just a couple of examples of the subspecies that fall into the category of common kingsnakes. I hope this helps
    1.1 Lampropeltis getula (Caldera, Zorro), 1.1 Crested gecko (Hiyori & Sundae), 0.1 Western hognose snake (Hinamori Momo), 1.0 African house snake (Kensei), 0.0.1 Amazon tree boa (Kon)

Thanks

Thanks so much gecko foot yes it did help me I appreciate it.

Thanks

One more thing: your kingsnake may go off food during the cooler months (fall/winter), and this is completely normal. My Cal king will regularly stop eating in October and won't eat again until February or March of the next year. Just make sure your snake is a healthy weight beforehand, and you should be fine.

Thanks

Okay I was wondering about that thanks for telling me gecko foot he is a baby still so I think next year he will go off the food. He eats really well and that makes me happy lol he is awesome so glad I got him.