Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you just don't get

Thanks

Default Things you just don't get

What are some things that for the life of you, you just can't wrap your head around why they would appeal to anyone?

Here are mine:

1. Smoking Cigarettes: I'll be the first to admit that I've never tried one, but I simply cannot understand why anyone would want to start in the first place. It's a known fact that they are highly addictive, so why start. It's a known fact that they are deadly, so why take the risk?

2. Watching and talking about sports: Sports are fun to play when you are younger, but I don't understand the appeal in being completely obsessed with them as an adult. Is it really that exciting to cheer like a crazed maniac because some guy threw another guy a ball; and he caught it? Football season is crazy where I live and I walk around in disbelief. It's all EVERYONE ever talks about at work. Then people throw the word "WE" around like their part of the damn team. People taunt people and get into fights because they are wearing a Giants hat in Eagles country. Playing sports I understand, but watching every game, memorizing stats, cheering because some guy threw a ball to another guy just seems ridiculous to me. (although, posting pictures of geckos probably has some people looking at me like i'm nuts, i'm sure)

3. Sushi: Sushi is good, but it's not an orgasmic explosion of flavor that all my friends seem to think as they dance around in food heaven when they eat it. I seriously have friends who close their eyes and concentrate as they eat tiny pieces of fish wrapped in rice so can make sure not one bit of flavor can escape. I almost believe that most people who claim sushi is an orgasm for your mouth really don't even like it at all. I think they think it's "hip" and "cool" to like it (like cigs). Really? Rice and slivers of raw fish is more tasty than, let's say, pizza? Pizza is awesome, but I never see people get excited to go out for pizza like they do sushi. To each his own I guess, but i'm calling their bluff.

4. Steak: How the hell is steak better than a juicy burger with the toppings of your choice?!? I know people (my dad) who think that steak with A1 is the best meal you could ever have. I've eating an $80 steak before during one of our sales dinners for work. It wasn't worth it in the least.

5. People who ride bikes along busy roads: Why do people think that they can ride a bike 20mph along a 40mph road with a very small shoulder. Even if there is a white line separating the road from the shoulder, it's not very safe. Most times the people riding bikes are weaving in and out of the lined section anyway. They force cars to slow down to around 15-20mph and have to swerve into the other lane in fear they don't accidentally side-swipe your handle bars. There are soooo many side roads that can be biked with a safer experience for both the biker and the driver.

That's it for now. But there are more things I simply cannot wrap my head around.

How about you guy's? Anything come to mind?

Thanks

Why people buy 40k cars and rent 1500.00 houses and then dont have any money to pay their bills. Keeps me in business but its silly that people get mad at the lender and the recovery agent when their stuff is repossessed like its our fault.

Why people talk about a situation they heard on the news like there were there or know the whole story, when in fact they do not. Its like they just want self attention?

Why people walk in the crosswalk when the light is flashing with the orange hand that clearly indicates do not cross.

why people use left blinkers for right turns and vise versa.

Thanks

People who let allergies ruin their lives: I have many friends who love going around letting everyone know how miserable they are b/c of the pollen or dog in the room. I've had dust allergies since I was 15 and sneeze and cough every single day, and I never let it even factor into my life. You only have one life, be happy, and go buy some pills.

Thanks

1) Why people POST all their problems on Facebook...? Or talk shit on someone, sorry never understood that. I was raised if you have a problem, say it to their face, not post it to the world on a social Network site. Sorry but you look like an idiot..

2) Which goes with above. Parents who are ok with letting their preteens talk like they do on FB. Seriously, its called being a parent and it makes you and your kids look trashy

3) In my state you can put certain lights on your car, they say it distracts other drivers and can cause accidents. If a person is too busy staring at lights on your car rather than driving, they have a brain of a moth and shouldn't be driving

4) If this offends.. Ah well. Rap music that talks about the same crap! I'm not saying all rap is bad but this stupid repeative crap. "BLACK N YELLOW, BLACK N YELLOW" Holy hell, you can say your colors now, aren't you just a big boy. Someone needs a cookie.

5) Pointless Youtube videos. Yup, I mean the ones that you literally feel you lost seconds of your life watching that you'll never get back.

I know I have tons more but those came to mind first
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waterbear View Post
    People who let allergies ruin their lives: I have many friends who love going around letting everyone know how miserable they are b/c of the pollen or dog in the room. I've had dust allergies since I was 15 and sneeze and cough every single day, and I never let it even factor into my life. You only have one life, be happy, and go buy some pills.
    THIS ^ PREACH IT! LOL. I agree!!!!
    Crestopia Reptiles

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Thanks

1. I'm in the same boat- never have had the least desire to smoke anything, ever. Smoke gives me a headache and dry eyes.

2. I enjoy some sports and occasionally even get wrapped up in TV, fantasy football, etc. Just fun. Getting hurt feelings or into a real fight over a game? No way- defeats the point. Trash talk all in good fun? Love it. LOL

3. I've had nasty sushi and I've had sushi I thoroughly enjoyed. Definitely not about peer pressure for me- I'm one of those people who you can exert all the peer pressure in the world and I will NEVER voluntarily allow squash or onion to pass my lips. I even sit and pick onions out of canned spaghetti sauce (or better yet- eat noodles plain), so if I eat sushi, it's because I truly enjoy it. Best sushi I ever had thus far? Morimoto's in New York and Roys. Publix even isn't bad if it's fresh.

4. Steak vs burger? Ummmmmm what about BOTH? It's like trying to say rotisserie chicken is better than fried. Sometimes I want one, sometimes I want the other. I've had a few very disappointing expensive steaks, a few excellent cheap steaks, and most still fall short of my hubby on his grill. And that's true for burgers as well.

5. I'm the kid who would get so nervous riding a bike that I'd fall off when going past parked cars, so no perspective on this one LOL

Thanks

Oh and this I have to add.

Money: People/family or friends who love to rub in how much more they have/make compared to you. Or how much bigger their house is or how awesome this new electronic this is they bought, or their car. I just don't that... Seriously, its ok, you have all that money, I have 10x more sex than you! Ha!

Smoking: Also DO NOT understand it. Its gross, you cough from it, die from it. Women grow man like upper lip hair. Its just all the way around NASTY!
    Crestopia Reptiles

Thanks

1. When people talk about sports deals, teams, movies stars or other famous people like they know them is a HUGE peeve of mine.
    2. Why do people chew with their mouths open, and talk with food in their mouth?!
    3. Preteens and teens who go around without adults, swearing and loitering! I swear, kids these days know more than I do now about these things, and I'm 23!
    4. I work with a lot of people who HAVE to be right and won't hesitate to interrupt you.. BE POLITE PEOPLE!
    5. sitting around and playing Xbox all day
    6.Talking on cell phones while using a public restroom.
    7. Parents letting their kids cough without covering their mouths.
    8. When everyone uses "chat speak" I mean, how hard is it to type out "Your", or "You", or "and".. not to mention saying "2nite" instead of tonight.. I mean, why not just be consistent and type words out all the time, It's not like you can get away with lingo like that in the workplace.
    9. How people can be racist, or homophobic, or abusive to children, the elderly and the animals. I wish society had more empathy.
    I could go on forever... haha, maybe I should have waited 'till I was in a better mood before writing all this. Oh, well
    C. ciliatus- GreenBean, Mr. Red,
    R. leachianus- Dragonite
    M. chahoua- Oliver
    2 5G planted Betta tanks

Thanks

Oh got another one:

"I want some grand kids!"

I want a lot of things. Here are a few: being able to wake up when I want on Sat. Not wasting 6 yrs of art school and 3 yrs of portfolio building. Being able to stay late for a project at a whim, and other such things.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Allhallows View Post
    1. Smoking Cigarettes: I'll be the first to admit that I've never tried one, but I simply cannot understand why anyone would want to start in the first place. It's a known fact that they are highly addictive, so why start. It's a known fact that they are deadly, so why take the risk?

2. Watching and talking about sports: Sports are fun to play when you are younger, but I don't understand the appeal in being completely obsessed with them as an adult. Is it really that exciting to cheer like a crazed maniac because some guy threw another guy a ball; and he caught it? Football season is crazy where I live and I walk around in disbelief. It's all EVERYONE ever talks about at work. Then people throw the word "WE" around like their part of the damn team. People taunt people and get into fights because they are wearing a Giants hat in Eagles country. Playing sports I understand, but watching every game, memorizing stats, cheering because some guy threw a ball to another guy just seems ridiculous to me. (although, posting pictures of geckos probably has some people looking at me like i'm nuts, i'm sure)

3. Sushi: Sushi is good, but it's not an orgasmic explosion of flavor that all my friends seem to think as they dance around in food heaven when they eat it. I seriously have friends who close their eyes and concentrate as they eat tiny pieces of fish wrapped in rice so can make sure not one bit of flavor can escape. I almost believe that most people who claim sushi is an orgasm for your mouth really don't even like it at all. I think they think it's "hip" and "cool" to like it (like cigs). Really? Rice and slivers of raw fish is more tasty than, let's say, pizza? Pizza is awesome, but I never see people get excited to go out for pizza like they do sushi. To each his own I guess, but i'm calling their bluff.

4. Steak: How the hell is steak better than a juicy burger with the toppings of your choice?!? I know people (my dad) who think that steak with A1 is the best meal you could ever have. I've eating an $80 steak before during one of our sales dinners for work. It wasn't worth it in the least.

5. People who ride bikes along busy roads: Why do people think that they can ride a bike 20mph along a 40mph road with a very small shoulder. Even if there is a white line separating the road from the shoulder, it's not very safe. Most times the people riding bikes are weaving in and out of the lined section anyway. They force cars to slow down to around 15-20mph and have to swerve into the other lane in fear they don't accidentally side-swipe your handle bars. There are soooo many side roads that can be biked with a safer experience for both the biker and the driver.

That's it for now. But there are more things I simply cannot wrap my head around.

How about you guy's? Anything come to mind?
    LOL- just gotta comment on your "what are they thinking?"

1) I feel the same way but used to smoke. I started during college while drinking and during a stressful semester. Smoked only when drinking for years and then started smoking when hungover and it just progressed to smoking. Was stupid and moronic and I can only say I WAS NOT THINKING.

2) Playing sports = Wonderful. Watching sports? Not so much.

3) Raw fish = manna of gods. Pizza is good but I would rather eat raw fish than just about anything.

4) I've never had a steak worth 80$. I like steak but not as much as raw tuna.

5) And recognize that some folks use a bicycle as their primary mode of transportation and feel very strongly about their right to take the lane (and they HAVE the legal right to TAKE THE WHOLE LANE)
    Beth in Alaska
    1.0.0 Corgi (Pirate)
    1.0.0 Keeshond (Toklat)
    0.2.0 Guinea pigs (Chocolate and Lightning)
    1.0.0 Human (Ben aka The Monk)
    0.0.2 R. Auriculatus (Horrorcow & Ziggerastica)