Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B. auratum and N. chromatus

Thanks

Default B. auratum and N. chromatus

Feeding night so took a few pictures of the 2 T's with full color. A lot more are in pre-molt so hopefully more pics soon.
    Brachypelma auratum

Nhandu chromatus:
    The pink spots are on her abdomen because she thinks she is Miss Thang and can kick hairs at me. It's cute.

Thanks

Very nice!! I especially like the Nhandu . Have you had these since slings? If so how old are they?

Thanks

No I didn't. I had to restart my collection after a move (not doing that again, restarting that is). The B. auratum is likely around 3-4 years old with the Nhandu younger ~2, although it it is actually bigger.

Thanks

If I didn't have such a reaction to the urtricating hairs. I would still have my trio (1.2) of B. emilia and group of Pink-toes (2.4)... (I really love the Avics...)

Sincerely,
    Paul Turley

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pturley View Post
    If I didn't have such a reaction to the urtricating hairs. I would still have my trio (1.2) of B. emilia and group of Pink-toes (2.4)... (I really love the Avics...)

Sincerely,
    Paul Turley
    Did you ever try the old worlds? More of a punch but no hairs. I don't react to any of the species I've dealt with so far, but I may just be lucky.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Cowboy View Post
    The whole eight-eye thing unnerves me a little, but that is one beautiful spider. I love the patterning along her legs. It reminds me a little of Art Deco style Architecture to be incredibly specific.
    The name Stella fills me with dread.
    Mondegreen Geckos
    >iHerp >Facebook

Thanks

N. chromatus is a favorite of mine. Extensive white is unusual in t's, the only one I can think of off the top of my head with more are Heteroscodra maculata, which are mostly white (and I have a sling of). The downsides with those are a terrible bite, and a very secretive nature even though they are arboreal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Cowboy View Post
    N. chromatus is a favorite of mine. Extensive white is unusual in t's, the only one I can think of off the top of my head with more are Heteroscodra maculata, which are mostly white (and I have a sling of). The downsides with those are a terrible bite, and a very secretive nature even though they are arboreal.
    N. Chromatus is a definite to my collection for next year!

Any pics of that H. Maculata sling?

Thanks

The H mac doesn't have any color yet. Probably won't for a while yet either. Right now its just a tiny black spider. I do have a few slings of other species that just molted and are starting to color in. I will post pics when I can.

Thanks

Kicking hairs? Sorry but I've never heard that, mainly because I'm not a spider person. Can you explain for me. Thanks