Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Demand for chewies?

Thanks

If I saw something I liked, and it was a good price, I would just snag it up. Because if you see the value, chances are there is something else behind you that will as well! good luck !
    Roxanne
    and the zoo
    www.geckoluv.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rhachic View Post
    No, no the tank came with him! haha I was pretty much shaking before i got there because he also didn't know if it was male or female lol.
    Years ago I found a guy on CL that just said he was selling a chahoua. He was into herps and inverts but didn't have time for them anymore and was practically giving everything away. He grew up near where I did so I was able to easily go and pick it up as he wouldn't ship. He got it as a gift from a friend and even knew it was a mainland but didn't know anything else about it except how to care for it. He was so busy and flustered with other things in his life it took me 6 months to even arrange meeting up to get it. When I went he wasn't even there, i ended up actually paying his parents who were sad to see it go but knew he had no time for the animals anymore. I've emailed him photos of the male chahoua he sold me and his mates and offspring since and offered him a baby for free but he still has not time for herps.
    So yeah, point is, search enough and there are some amazing deals you will come across from time to time. Obviously this is not the norm but i've gotten other great deals at random as well when people didn't know what they had, were in a rush, or even had been given the animals and are unsure of their worth to us hobbyists.
    And yes, he's healthy, male, breeds readily, quite tame, no issues.

Thanks

lol it's okay Mike, just breath :P
    Rhachic
    www.goodlifeherps.weebly.com
    specializing in rhacodactylus

Thanks

I personally don't feel that intellectual interest has wained...I just don't think people have any money right now...I've been moaning that there haven't been many at the expos for the past 2 years. But frankly, the ones that are there don't seem to sell. Still sitting on the tables at 3pm on Sunday...I really don't have an answer, just an observation. I think our society has gotten used to a "dollar menu" mentality...
    We're gonna need a bigger boat.

Thanks

^ I have seen alot of this as well. People leaving expos empty handed and dealers not selling much. What do you mean by dollar menu mentality? Are you saying that people just like to buy the less expensive pets like pet store stuff? Just curious I would think it would have to do more with people having a less expendable income then before the economy crashed.
    2.1.1 Crested Geckos
    Dios Ex Reptiles http://diosexreptiles.webs.com/

Thanks

What do you mean by dollar menu mentality?
    Like Taco Bell or McDonalds...I think society has gotten used to buying 3 or 4 items at $1.00, as opposed to 1 or 2 items at 4 or 5.00 each. I don't think people buy anything anymore unless they feel they're getting some kind of "deal". I dunno, just throwin' it out there...
    We're gonna need a bigger boat.

Thanks

I agree, but mostly because its a technique that retailers, advertisers, etc use to sell products. people love to feel like they're getting a deal, and most people will actually spend more money than they would have originally spent if they can get what they feel is a good deal.
    Always check the Fauna BOI before you buy!
    :: iHerp :: Template Reptiles :: Canine Habits ::

Template Reptiles on Facebook

Thanks

Yeah that makes sense. Like overcharging on an item but offering free shipping or department store "sales" I guess you could counter this by listing some nice PIs for 1200 and saying 50% off! Hahahahaha
    2.1.1 Crested Geckos
    Dios Ex Reptiles http://diosexreptiles.webs.com/