Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Demand for chewies?

Thanks

Cool Demand for chewies?

Hey guys I think I have finally decided to get my self a nice PI chewie. Soimething with nice green and red (for Christmas of course!) I will be going to an expo soon and want to know if I should snatch up one that I like right away or wait till the end of the show when the seller will likely be more willing to negotiate? There isn't to many chewie breeders at the show but there will be a few. I just dont want something really nice to get snatched up from under me. Thanks guys! I hope to post pics of my future chewie soon!!!
    2.1.1 Crested Geckos
    Dios Ex Reptiles http://diosexreptiles.webs.com/

Thanks

I have never seen anyone fire sale their chahoua. If I am selling a $400 hatchling PI at an expo and it doesn't sell, I will gleefully take it home and wait... maybe it turns female and becomes a $700 animal.

Thanks

If you see one you really like, and the price is fair, snatch it up!
    STEVEN

Thanks

Chahoua don't go lower, Mike is right. Why sell cheaper when you can grow it into some color and UP the price?

If you see something you like, my advice is to buy it. Luckily not many folks understand why that little brown (and sometimes white) thing is 400-450$ and they will usually not stop to ask, so if you want to wait until the end of the show, you can.

But asking for a price reduction might not curry you very much favor. Chahoua have a pretty standard rate.
    Meg
    THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
    on facebook

Thanks

if you see something you like, pick that sucker up! To be fair, i'd do a circut of the show first and get a look at everything there. But whichever one(s) grab your attention, get 'em while they're there.
    I got an unsexed baby that way, no idea what the little fellow is, but if its a female, its more then worth it. You may be able to find something cheaper by trolling the for sales here... but its nice to be able to pick the critter up before buying.
    0.2.0 Leopard Geckos 0.1 Mutt 0.1.0 Chahoua PI 0.0.1 Leachie 0.0.1 Indian Star Tortoise

Thanks

Demand is dropping off for chewies.. You should find an unsexed for $375 ish

Limey
    www.royalreptilia.com
    More Fun Now!

Thanks

Of course, if you go to Limey, you might be able to get a baby leachie for $275...
    0.2.0 Leopard Geckos 0.1 Mutt 0.1.0 Chahoua PI 0.0.1 Leachie 0.0.1 Indian Star Tortoise

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doodlebug86 View Post
    if you go to Limey, you might be able to get a baby leachie for $275...
    I might go for that!
    4.3.0 Rhacodactylus leachianus - Yatè, Mt. Koghis, Rivière Bleue, purple Nuu Ana, Poindimiè
    3.2.0 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
    1.1.0 Gekko gecko
    2.1.0 Python regius

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    Demand is dropping off for chewies.. You should find an unsexed for $375 ish

Limey
    yeah this. I saw people practically giving PI's away at NARBC for $350.
    1.3.3 cresties
    Can't wait to get breeding again
    Dios ex reptiles http://diosexreptiles.webs.com/

Thanks

Yeah I was thinking one lap around the show so I don't miss out on anything. Yeah I usually never see vendors lower prices for chewies online I was just wondering if shows were different. Really $375?! Ill take 4! Hahahahah just kidding I cant afford that many! However I could take out a loan . . . . . that's probably a bad idea. Well thanks for all the great replys guys they were super helpful as always!
    2.1.1 Crested Geckos
    Dios Ex Reptiles http://diosexreptiles.webs.com/