Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats runny poop mean?

Thanks

Default whats runny poop mean?

what does runny poop mean? or poop thast not pellet shaped. not exaclty runny but not exaclty firm and pelleted.. is thsi a serious disease?

please repond quick as possible

Thanks

What have you been feeding your crestie? Sometimes when I feed non-insect food, their poop gets a little softer... however it's just a softer pellet, never a liquid. Crestie poop is made up of 3 parts:

1.) Stool- brown pellet
    2.) Urates- crystallized urine... aka "the white blob"
    3.) Urine- the clear liquid

If your gecko has really runny poo, you may want to take a fecal sample to the vet to test.
    ~Sarah~
    www.CrestedLady.com

"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" -Switchfoot

Thanks

ive been feeding them crested gecko diet.. after close examination the pooop IS in pellet form but is like very small kind of pressed down form.. i will measure his weight to be sure

my gecko is showing no signs of sickness as of right now.. i WILL get a fecal examination as soon as i can see that the feces is direclty from this gecko

Thanks

If it helps any Dr. Alan (from Allen's website) is giving free fecals pm me if you want some more info.
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Thanks

i knowww i got some done anyway from a nearby friend who is a vet. he says theres no parasites in teh ones i sent him so i guess its fine. yea i was just a little worried cus it seemed softer and mushier than usual

Thanks

uh oh.. ok i was cleaning the papertowels today and im pretty sure the poop is runny.. the poop was just like brown liquid dried onto the paper towel.. does anybody have dr alans adress to mail it to?

Thanks

Does your gecko have a good appetite?

Is it lethargic or acting sickly?

If you pinch the skin together gently does it pop back into place or stay bunched up? :?:

Thanks

it has a very good appetite. not lethargic at all. and the skin does not bunch up. whenever i pick it up, it moves around my hand alot but is kinda flighty so when my hand comes and wakes it up it runs really fast till it comes onto my hand.. after that it never wants to get off my hands. it isnt showing ANY signs of being sick at all.. its very strange

Thanks

Good!!

Just get the fecal done to be sure but more than likely it is just CGD that is causing the runny poop. My Gargs that eat it have runny poo 50% of the time.

Thanks

YEA ME TOO sometimes its runny sometimes its a softer pellet sometimes its not soft pellet. really weird. i will get one done to be sure.. but i cant be sur eon the lethargy 100%.. most of time its asleep but sometimes i see it at night and it does move a lot. and when i wake it up form misting or uhh cleaning the cage. they do move quiet a lot. but yea i was kidna worried.. because there was liek poop.. exept it was flat out on the paper towel