Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Film layer in my betta fish's tank

Thanks

Please research breeding carefully before going out and getting a female. They cannot be housed together, and proper conditioning and introduction to each other is critical if you want to avoid one if not both fish ending up dead- domesticated Betta splendens typically are extremely aggressive with each other. Also you'll need to be prepared for upward of 200-300 fry, and to house male fry individually. Back when I was breeding Bettas, 200 was probably my average from a spawn. That's a TON of weekly water changes! My hubby won't let me breed any more b/c of how much work it is! lol (Honestly, I wouldn't even want to right now.) www.ultimatebettas.com is a good place to do your research.

Thanks

I did my research on Ultimatebettas too. Very good website for information, but the registration is weird. I've "registered" an account, yet can't do anything. And I only use one e-mail, can't get into the account so I can't close it! But you don't have to sign up to benefit from all the information on the website.

My guy didn't make nests for a couple weeks. Then started building nests like crazy. Just before we left, he hadn't been building any. I read it's not a sign of them being happy or stressed, they build them regardless.

Watching him build his nest is one of my favorite things about him. They really put effort into making sure it's all ok, it's so cute.
    Can you imagine a world where they would blur out our middle finger to protect a "consumer" over blurring out an innocent child to protect their integrity and privacy? - Pink
    My Boys!
    1.0 Flame w/Dalmatian Spots - Maynard
    1.0 Halloween w/Dalmatian Spots - Zero
    1.0 Betta fish - Mr. Red Balloon Hands

Thanks

If anyone else is having issues registering on UB, shoot me a PM with the username and email you used to register and we'll see about getting you fixed up.

Thanks

Yay Laura! Thanks!
    Can you imagine a world where they would blur out our middle finger to protect a "consumer" over blurring out an innocent child to protect their integrity and privacy? - Pink
    My Boys!
    1.0 Flame w/Dalmatian Spots - Maynard
    1.0 Halloween w/Dalmatian Spots - Zero
    1.0 Betta fish - Mr. Red Balloon Hands