Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How far have you driven to go to a reptile show?

Thanks

Default How far have you driven to go to a reptile show?

I was just watching a really slideshow of pictures from the Tinley show, and was sad about the distance keeping me from going. It would have been about a 12 hour drive for me here in MD.

So what IS the farthest you'd go for a reptile show? The farthest I've driven was to the monthly Havre de Grace show, which is about an hour and a half from here. But I haven't been in quite some time, I heard it's gone down in size significantly since the last time I was there.

Luckily, Repticon Baltimore is much closer at about 40 minutes away, and although it is only twice a year, it is much bigger in my opinion.

So let's hear it! How far have you gone/how far WOULD you go to a show to get some Rhacy goodness?

1.2.3 Crested Geckos
    0.1 R. Leachianus 1.0 Corn Snake 1.0 E. Agricolae 1.0 M. Chahoua 1.1 G. Hainanensis 0.1 Bearded Dragon

facebook- iHerp

Thanks

So far the farthest I've gone is Daytona (about 5 hours). Though I REALLY want to go to Tinley some day. I'll definitely fly, not drive there, though! lol

Thanks

I had to drive two hours to go to the Wasatch Reptile Show.

I am thinking of going to a Las Vegas reptile show soon enough - that's a good 5 and a half hours from my current location, but if I wait until I live back in SLC area again then it's more like 6 or 7 hours.

... I wish I could have gone to Tinley as well, but no way in the world would I have been able to afford either a plane ticket OR gas money for the forever-long drive it would have been to get there. Sad day =[

--> also been thinking about planning a Disneyland trip riiiight around when a reptile show is going on in Cali. WOULDN'T THAT JUST BE A COINCIDENCE?! =]
    GoodTimeReptiles
    C. ciliatus, M. chahoua, P. regius

Thanks

Tinley is a 3.5hr away from us...we usually stay about 2-3hrs then drive back home. With no gecko sitters in out area, we don't want to risk it with our uros.

Thanks

From where I used to live in WI the drive to Tinley was close to seven hours one way. Usually getting there in about 6 1/2.

I've driven 5 1/2 hours one way to pick up one chewie though---
    Meg
    THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
    on facebook

Thanks

Yeah. My boyfriend decided between the hotel rooms and gas money (and critter spending money!!), Tinley would be way out of the question for us, at least for a few years. Also wouldn't be a pain flying critters home with you if you flew out to Tinley? Or would you just buy them there and have them shipped home to you?

I hear Hamburg in PA is pretty awesome, but that's like 3 hours away. I wouldn't mind that drive at all.

1.2.3 Crested Geckos
    0.1 R. Leachianus 1.0 Corn Snake 1.0 E. Agricolae 1.0 M. Chahoua 1.1 G. Hainanensis 0.1 Bearded Dragon

facebook- iHerp

Thanks

The furthest I've gone is to the Hamburg show. It's about a two hour drive for me. Totally worth it. I want to go to Tinley REALLY bad. It looks like an amazing show. I'd have to have some serious cash though. I'd want everything!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hypnotoad View Post
    Yeah. My boyfriend decided between the hotel rooms and gas money (and critter spending money!!), Tinley would be way out of the question for us, at least for a few years. Also wouldn't be a pain flying critters home with you if you flew out to Tinley? Or would you just buy them there and have them shipped home to you?

I hear Hamburg in PA is pretty awesome, but that's like 3 hours away. I wouldn't mind that drive at all.
    Hamburg is definitely worth it. If you ever want to go and don't feel like driving the whole way alone, I go most every show with a couple of friends. I'd be happy to car pool if you came up as far as Timonium.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crestielovely View Post
    Hamburg is definitely worth it. If you ever want to go and don't feel like driving the whole way alone, I go most every show with a couple of friends. I'd be happy to car pool if you came up as far as Timonium.
    Damn, that's great to hear, I'll definitely try and make it sometime next year! And since Timonium is so close, carpooling sounds like it'd be awesome!

Haha and yeah I know what you mean about needing to bring tons of cash to such a big show, my wishlist is becoming bigger and bigger!

1.2.3 Crested Geckos

facebook- iHerp

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hypnotoad View Post
    Damn, that's great to hear, I'll definitely try and make it sometime next year! And since Timonium is so close, carpooling sounds like it'd be awesome!

Haha and yeah I know what you mean about needing to bring tons of cash to such a big show, my wishlist is becoming bigger and bigger!
    I'll warn you now, it's super easy to buy far more than you planned at a show like this, haha. Several crested vendors are there including Cin (Gecko Haven) and Limey (Royal Reptilia). It seems like a lot of the snake people even have a few cresteds on their tables these days. You never know where you'll find a gem. Like a 100% pinner with incredible laterals and awesome patterning and structure for an unheard of price.

You are definitely welcome to join us any time. I saw at least 7-8 pangeans at the show this weekend!