Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: I wish i could blow it up

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    560
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 39 Times in 25 Posts

    Default I wish i could blow it up

    Ahhhh haha... cars suck! Please tell me someone has had this happen to them before!

    I got my hunk o junk 4 years ago after my last vehicle was totaled in an accident. (love my freaking pontiac!) My old car was paid for but this one i did payments on to rebuild my credit from getting laid off from an old job and med bills that killed my credit. so its a clunker, 03 cavalier. A week after my warranty expired on the new car.. my water pump went out.. 6 months later my fuel pump went out... and then 4 months later the ac went to poop. In the first year i plopped 1k in that POS. over the years its been one small repair after another... And now.... with only two payments left! i find out my struts were frrrt and my wheel bearings needed replaced... well thats 700 down the drain on a car im getting rid of in two months.. today, i nearly cried LOL. On the way home for lunch i hear a clunk, my windsheild wipers start to vibrate and then hear a pop... one wiper started moving again... the other.. dead. i swear if i didnt need to sell it to get money for down payment on my new car that im going to lease id blow the damn thing up! hehehe
    Bailey Gecko's on FB

    8.7.5.6.12.15.25...ahh hell, i lost count.. Crested Geckos

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    2,029
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 76 Times in 49 Posts

    Default

    Yes cars suck. Unfortunately, a new vehicle is not in the cards for me. Not only do I have repairs, but gas on this thing is $95 every week. Eek.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Carnation, WA
    Posts
    6,975
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked 49 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    I still drive the first car I ever owned. Its an '86 Toyota Corolla. Its long paid off, insurance is cheap, it gets just as good gas mileage most of the new crappy plastic cars they're building these days, and it is like the energizer bunny. Still going! Its been more places than most people I know. Toyota Corollas are great! It still moves pretty fast for a 4 cylinder, and because its old and boxy, it flies under the radar for the most part (I admit to having a lead foot, but people drive so damned slow out here in WA state! it drives me batshit!)
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    611
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts

    Default

    Ug, that stinks!

    I haven't had a car in over 2 years. My husband was deployed to Korea for a year, and I was moving back in with family, so we sold my paid-off car because we didn't have room for it. His car we JUST paid off with our entire tax refund, over 18 months early. The interest rate on it was horrendous! I have to say I can't WAIT to finally get a car again, I don't really need one yet because I work on and off at our family floral shop and it's literally 1/4 mile away from our house, but I miss having the option to go somewhere during the day instead of sitting at home all the time!

    I am in looooooooovvveeeee with the Kia Soul. We had it as a rental to do extra deliveries during Mother's Day, and it was sweeeet! So many options, really peppy, great warranty, and SO inexpensive! It has great reviews, so that is what I am planning on getting. Especially since insurance for it, BRAND new, is only $70 a month!
    My iHerp[/SIZE][/CENTER]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    560
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 39 Times in 25 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emilylovesherps View Post
    Yes cars suck. Unfortunately, a new vehicle is not in the cards for me. Not only do I have repairs, but gas on this thing is $95 every week. Eek.
    =O oh god. id die with that high of a gas bill. i complain i spend $30 a week for gas when i live 7 mins from work, lol. 95.... ah jeebus!

    Quote Originally Posted by Saille View Post
    I still drive the first car I ever owned. Its an '86 Toyota Corolla. Its long paid off, insurance is cheap, it gets just as good gas mileage most of the new crappy plastic cars they're building these days, and it is like the energizer bunny. Still going! Its been more places than most people I know. Toyota Corollas are great! It still moves pretty fast for a 4 cylinder, and because its old and boxy, it flies under the radar for the most part (I admit to having a lead foot, but people drive so damned slow out here in WA state! it drives me batshit!)
    haha, my sister bought a older toyota to do dog runs. she volunteers to pick up shar peis and runs them around the ohio/indiana/kentucky/west virginia area as rescues. it started as just a gas saver but now she drives that more than her regular car. those older gems are worth their weight in gold!

    Quote Originally Posted by amandarenee View Post

    I am in looooooooovvveeeee with the Kia Soul. We had it as a rental to do extra deliveries during Mother's Day, and it was sweeeet! So many options, really peppy, great warranty, and SO inexpensive! It has great reviews, so that is what I am planning on getting. Especially since insurance for it, BRAND new, is only $70 a month!
    yay!!! i am going back and forth on kia soul, camary or cruze. hearing another good thing about the soul is good good good!
    Bailey Gecko's on FB

    8.7.5.6.12.15.25...ahh hell, i lost count.. Crested Geckos

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •