Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: using Marina i25 filter for my betta..

Thanks

No fish "needs" a filter as long as you're willing to do daily water changes. Filters just make it so there's less work for a hobbyist to maintain good water parameters.

Sponge filters are cheap, easy, and effective for betta tanks too.

Thanks

I'd be careful with a filter in that small of a tank, especially with a HM betta. They can really get tossed around by any current and in that small of a tank they can get stressed and start tail biting very easily. I agree with Laura. A sponge filter would probably be a better option. I really prefer them for the long finned bettas.

Thanks

The Fluval Nano gives you decent water movement without being to heavy of a current. I have mine set up so that the filter is facing the wall of the tank to make it even less of a current. My dwarf puffer doesn't get tossed around with it and he has just as much if not more of an issue with heavy waterflow then the bettas.
    "I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message."-Steve Irwin​

Thanks

Top fin makes a 180 aquascene tank that is 3 gallons. The filter is way too hardcore for my betta MAIZE, so I dont even use it. But if you want a cute tank, I say thats the way to go. Plus, it has 13 different light choices

Wow, I just got off work. I dont know when to stop selling...
    ..JESSICA..
    | 5.2.2 Crested Gecko | 1.1.0 Leopard Gecko | 1.1.0 Horned Frog | 1.0.2 Panther Gecko |
    | 1.0.1 Bearded Dragon | 1.0 Uromastyx | 1.0 Tiger Salamander | 1.0 Sand Boa |
    | 1.0.0 Gargoyle Gecko | 0.1.0 Mossy Leaftail Gecko |
    | 1.0.0 Mini Lop-Pancakes | 2.1.0 Cats- Bailey, Rufus & Abbey

Thanks

LOL yea I like the 180 tank. I'd love both my bettas to have their own 3g. My two females are in a 47 gal, lucky ladies!

What is a good sponge filter?
    Cresties: Taco and Waffles. Beardies: Yoshi. Tokay: Jacobi