Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Green Tree Python? Finally?!

Thanks

Default A Green Tree Python? Finally?!

Yep!!! This was the first snake I ever wanted. I remember being five or six, in Georgia, coloring this poster coloring book page of snakes from around the world. And I saw one on there, & told my parents I had to have one. Of course, I got the 'you're crazy' laugh, followed by 'the talk'. And I have been reading up & preparing myself for one ever since.

Well, FINALLY, with the help of my friend Becky, AND the super lovely Steph, I was ready! And it only took me A MONTH to find a sweet, tame, non-devil spawn! I purchased an adult male Aru from Bob Clark at his show some odd weeks ago in Arlington. He had four adults & three ickles. ALL of which were very sweet & handleable, I was surprised. So, after much chatting, I picked this dude.

(don't fret; pics were taken within the ten minutes I had him in my honking lizard lounge before I finished getting his enclosure set up, which the plans are courtesy of fineGTPS.com)

Isn't he gorgeous?! Oh! And, his name is Voldeejay (please someone get this) but we just call him DJ. Yes, he has a small disco ball hanging above his enclosure, & his parties are off the hook. ... Voldeejay = Voldemort + dj (as in a party/rave dj)
    & THE FAMILY ;
    geckos: 5.9.3 ciliatus ; 1.0.0 chahoua ; 0.1.0 leachie ; 1.1.0 CxC hybrid
    balls: 2.0.0 pied ; 0.1.0 golden ; 1.0.0 pastel 50% het ghost ; 1.0.0 100% het pied ; 0.1.0 spider ;
    0.1.0 mojave ( F S )
    furry: 6.5 rats ; 1.0 devon rex purr ; 0.1 heeler mix woof

[ ij . facebook . da ]

Thanks

I admit, I'm jealous I want to breed those one day, they are one of my favorite snakes
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Thanks

Derek? Jealous of something I have? What a day...
    & THE FAMILY ;
    balls: 2.0.0 pied ; 0.1.0 golden ; 1.0.0 pastel 50% het ghost ; 1.0.0 100% het pied ; 0.1.0 spider ;
    0.1.0 mojave ( F S )

[ ij . facebook . da ]

Thanks

Don't worry Misty, I got his name. (But then again we are both HP nerds!)
    - Nicole -

Please visit http://www.aamds.org/aplastic/ for more information on Aplastic Anemia

Thanks

Cool-looking, but I'll probably have a nightmare that it's under my covers tonight. Sweet or not, I'll stick with geckos! :-)

Thanks

Now that's a cool snake...the only snakes I've ever had were mostly bottom dwellers and all they ever did was burrow under the bedding in between feedings. They came out once in awhile but...dull dull dull. I take it that one hangs out in trees (I'll bet you have no idea how I guessed that huh? ) and doesn't burrow. LOL
    A righteous man does not need a law, and an unrighteous man cannot keep one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IndyCrestie View Post
    Now that's a cool snake...the only snakes I've ever had were mostly bottom dwellers and all they ever did was burrow under the bedding in between feedings. They came out once in awhile but...dull dull dull. I take it that one hangs out in trees (I'll bet you have no idea how I guessed that huh? ) and doesn't burrow. LOL
    Haha, yeah he winds himself over & over on a branch like that & just chills. I'll always look, then turn away & when I look back in a few minutes he'll have curled in a different way & I'm like 'how'dhedothatsofast?!' x) He's the BEST, erm, astheticly pleasing object in my entire room.
    & THE FAMILY ;
    0.1.0 mojave ( F S )

[ ij . facebook . da ]

Thanks

Very beautiful snake. I've always loved Morelia species. Good luck with him/her. Definitely a beauty.

Cheers,

Adrian

Thanks

Nice pickup Misty. I want to get into these in the near future, but only if I can start off with some calicos. His patterning looks very bright and highly reflective of Aru-types. Good choice!
    -Harold
    CC Herps http://www.ccherps.com

Coming soon...

www.versatilevivariums.com

Thanks

Congrats Misty! We LOVE our GTP, she is amazing, and dog tame. THe rep for nastiness is mainly brought on by many inexperienced people buying WC or WC/hatched GTPs, or other people who confuse them with Emerald tree boas. Many CBB chondros are wonderful to be around, and yours is no exception! What a beauty! Also grats on your Beardie. She is wicked cute.
    "Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight;
    You gotta kick at the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight....."
    --Bare Naked Ladies