Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If it was your tank..what would you put in it?

Thanks

Default If it was your tank..what would you put in it?

I obtained a brand new 40 breeder (36" x 18" floor space) for very cheap, couldn't pass it up.

Now I don't know what I want to put in there though. I'm thinking some kind of small - medium ground dwelling or rock climbing desert species, but tropical is ok too. Doesn't have to be the least bit friendly, I don't plan on "playing" with it. A colony of small ones would be ideal but otherwise I'm open minded.

I'm thinking something along the lines of emerald green swifts.

Suggestions?
    A righteous man does not need a law, and an unrighteous man cannot keep one.

Thanks

perfect for gargoyles!
    It is truly an upside-down world we live in where lies are truths, criminals are our nations’ leaders, and Satan’s minions are considered men of God.

Thanks

What kind of colony would work in there? Male/female ratio? I thought I read somewhere on here that they attacked eachothers tails if kept in groups as babies? I don't want to keep everyone seperate and I know I can't afforda group of adults.

Thanks

You can always get a pair of day geckos in their.Or some frog eyeds would make a cool desert set up.

palex134 Guest

stenodactylus, pachydactylus, diplodactylus,vipers, helmeteds, spiders, scorpions, all those geckos would work well.

Thanks

A group (like 1.6) of amayae or cintus LoL

If you are looking for a cool little lizard, that is cheap I would go with Pachydactylus tigrinus (hore I spelled that right). I really want to get some.
    Derek Dunlop
    DDReptiles
    www.DDReptiles.net
    Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IndyCrestie View Post
    What kind of colony would work in there? Male/female ratio? I thought I read somewhere on here that they attacked eachothers tails if kept in groups as babies? I don't want to keep everyone seperate and I know I can't afforda group of adults.
    In a tank that size, a 1.2 would work. A 1.3 would be pushing it. Indeed, it is normally the case they will munch each others tails as youngsters, but rarer as adults. If you can afford a few juvies, you might be able to afford a pair.
    -Harold
    CC Herps http://www.ccherps.com

Coming soon...

www.versatilevivariums.com

palex134 Guest

1.1 collared lizards. they'd do well in that!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by palex134 View Post
    stenodactylus, pachydactylus, diplodactylus,vipers, helmeteds, spiders, scorpions, all those geckos would work well.
    LOL woah! Street names please. That's like a whole 'nother language for me.

Thanks

I keep a leachie in one of my 40 breeders (its turned up on it's end). I also have a blue tongue skink in one and two beardies in another.

Pics aren't great but you get the idea