Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Aggro-cragging...

Thanks

Aww a man in the mix lol! The bc has helped me amazingly with my pcos and also with my hyperthyroidism ...yes that is not normal I know.....but my endocrinologist (thyroid dr) is very pleased!
    1.0.0 Fiancee (Jacob Ryan)
    1.1.2 Crested Gecko (Lola,Snickers,Cupcake,Cookie)
    2.2.0 Ball Pythons (Monty, The "Bee", Trixie, Peaches)
    0.1.0 Red Tail Boa (Ava)
    0.1.0 Dapple Dauchand (Maximus)
    0.1.0 Australian Shepard (Oreo)
    0.1.0 Tabby Cat (Cleo)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elise.m View Post
    This thread is one of those eye openers that makes you scared of taking the pill. I've heard that it's harder to conceive after coming off the pill... That's worried me a bit.
    I have experienced this with my wife, she was on a variety of different BC when she was young and when we decided that she should come off and we'd start trying for a baby it took us almost two years before she actually conceived, this led us to becoming increasingly frustrated with both of ourselves.

When she did conceive the first time, her pregnancy wasn't one of the good ones, she was sick 40 times a day and in the end was diagnosed as being eclamptic and had to have an emergency C-section (which I still blame on the doctors ignorance). - I know this has nothing to do with the BC issue at hand, sorry for going off-topic.

The frustrations of trying for so long were covered up by the birth of our little girl, Bethany. After the birth she was advised to go back onto the pill as she had very heavy periods, cramping and acne as well as the obv BC. So she requested a different brand, which she had been on until January this year when we decided to try for another - this time it happened a lot quicker and w are now expecting our second daughter to be born in January 2012.

Sorry this isn't all "relevant" but I thought I'd cover the frustrations that we suspect was caused by long term BC.
    1.0 R. auriculatus - Boris | 0.0.2 R.ciliatus - Naevia & Gaia
    0.0.1 R.chahoua - Chalooby | 1.0 P.regius - Varro
    0.1.0 Yorkshire Terrier - Molly | 0.1.0 T. hermanni - Shelley
    0.1. Daughter aged 4 - Bethany | 0.1 Pregnant Wife - Nat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elise.m View Post
    Wow, that's a lot of weight to be put on for a BC pill. Thank god I never came into contact with that one. Sorry you went through all that!

This thread is one of those eye openers that makes you scared of taking the pill. I've heard that it's harder to conceive after coming off the pill... That's worried me a bit.

What about forms of BC that are surgically inserted for, crap I can't remember if it was 3 or 6 months. I saw the commercials a while back, and the name escapes me. I do remember it looked like a T. I'm sure it's got chemicals in it... But I'd like to hear Panther give his opinion on those.
    IUD's are not inserted surgically. They use an applicator that's similar to a tampon applicator. Cramping is a big issue. I would take 3 Aleve at a crack when they were bad. Heavy periods, spotting, expulsion of the IUD...all are possible.

I've had 3 in my life. Some can be left in place for 10 years.

Since I have problems with hormonal birth control, I've always had copper T's.

It took me 6 months to conceive my daughter after they removed mine...for the purpose of getting pregnant. We were on the verge of having daddy's swimmies tested when I came up puking.

They don't advise IUDs for women who haven't had all the kids they want, and many doctors and clinics won't insert them in virgins or women with no children, due to the fact that they can rarely cause sterility.
    Love and Light-
    Donna

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts soon happens to the man. All things are connected."-Chief Seattle