Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aggro-cragging...

Thanks

Thumbs down Aggro-cragging...

So this is kind of a "girly" topic, just as a forewarning... nothin' too scary, though, for the guys out there who may be reading.

Has anyone else experienced extreme moodiness while on the pill? I just restarted the pill about three months ago, after having stopped it last October. I use Levora. Last month, it was on back-order, so they gave me something "comparable" (and acted really sketchy when I tried to ask 1,000 questions about it..... though I suppose that's neither here nor there). The past three weeks, I've been... a jerk. Not all the time but enough that I'm aware of it and it's bothering me. Normally, I am a very happy, easygoing person, but my fuse has been so short! I get irritated and emotional over the smallest things. I never cry and I just feel like I could be on the verge of (usually angry) tears quite often, which is quite frankly alarming.

I'm hoping that Levora will be available again when I go to refill this week because my biggest issue with that brand is feeling like a hungry, hungry hippo all the time... Regardless, I'm going to be talking to my physician about a lower dosage or switching to non-hormonal contraception altogether because I've come to realize I'm pretty flippin' sensitive when it comes to messing with my hormones, ugh.

I just wanted to know if this seems normal. Has anybody else experienced this and, if so, what did you do? I know nobody here is a doctor (as far as I know, lol) and that I need to speak with my physician about all of this but I just wanted to know if anybody else had experienced this. I just don't feel like myself lately... and I want to get back to being my usual goofy, well-adjusted self.
    Please call me Kat!
    0.3.1 Rhacodactylus ciliatus: Toothless, deadmau5, Cake Batter & Mallo Cup
    1.0.0 Mainland Rhacodactylus chahoua: Dr. Zoidberg
    Rest in peace, Junk Drawer (06/10/2009 - 11/19/2011)

Thanks

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that..I'm 22 and was put into medicinally-induced menopause to try and stop the growth of cysts in my abdomen. Two surgeries and after losing an ovary, I'm going back on an injectable BC and until I start producing my own hormones again..I'm SO angry all the time! I'm completely aware of it and (of course) dislike it..and even on a low-dose BC I was pretty aggressive. I've yet to find something that helps though. I feel your pain.
    iHerp
    Facebook
    1.2.1 Crested Geckos | 0.1 Leachianus | 1.0 Corn Snake
    4.2 Ball Pythons | 0.1 Blood Python | 0.1 Hognose

Thanks

I gave up on hormone-based birth control quite a while ago. it makes me feel like a big crazy face. seriously... crying, depressed, moody. it's horrible. I've even tried the ones that are supposed to help with mood. no dice.

There's actually quite a large correlation between birth control and depression/mood disorders, but I've had trouble finding any official causation studies on it... just lots of posts on forums asking if it was normal to feel like a psycho when you're on birth control. I very strongly feel that this is something that should be discussed with anyone starting birth control. Definitely would have saved me and at least one of my friends years of trying to figure out why we were feeling the way we were.

hopefully you can get back to what works well for you soon!
    I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

0.1.1 Uromastyx, 1.0.0 AFT, 0.1.0 Leo, TOO MANY cresties, LOTS of gargs, 1.1.0 KSB, 1 fan toed gecko,1.0.0 Nigel kitty, 1.0.0 Turkelton Sausages dog

Thanks

This is so depressing to read. My periods give me a rough time physically and emotionally. Not only are they incredibly painful- even Rx pain relievers aren't enough and sometimes I have to take off work for the first 1-2 days- but I get crazy short tempered.

The more I read about people's problems with BC the less I want to take it.
    The name Stella fills me with dread.
    Mondegreen Geckos
    >iHerp >Facebook

Thanks

I have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), and when I wasn't battling infertility, I used BC pills (lol). For me, they were a god-send: stopped the irregular cycles (I could go 6 months without, 6 weeks, or when it came it could last 6 weeks --- UGH), the cramps, and cleared my horrible acne. No moodiness that I could tell --- if anything, with all the benefits, I was probably in better spirits, lol.

But, anything that deals with one's hormones can reek havoc on your emotions. If this is a new med for you, talk to your doctor about what you're experiencing; there are many bc pills with varying hormone types that will still work, but it just needs to be right for *you*. If you try several and they don't work out, then you may need to talk to your doctor about another method.

Autumnrose

Thanks

I completley understand what your going through. I am currently 22. Although mine is a tad different. A year ago in july i went to the er for a really bad pain in my foot i couldnt even walk. They put me on an iv and told me i was severely anemic. i was running on 1/4 of the blood a normal human ran on. My periods were so heavy that a tampon and pad wouldnt even help. So i also have PCOS which really sucks. Im on a birth control called Generess Fe and i must say that this one doesnt make me moody at all which is really good. I hope to god it works because if it doesnt, then there is a possibility that i will have to have a hystorectimy. Which also might be the best option for me due to the fact I was also diagnosed with Chronic Stage 4 Kidney Diease.
    1.0.0 Fiancee (Jacob Ryan)
    1.1.2 Crested Gecko (Lola,Snickers,Cupcake,Cookie)
    2.2.0 Ball Pythons (Monty, The "Bee", Trixie, Peaches)
    0.1.0 Red Tail Boa (Ava)
    0.1.0 Dapple Dauchand (Maximus)
    0.1.0 Australian Shepard (Oreo)
    0.1.0 Tabby Cat (Cleo)

Thanks

Interesting to see how many people have female problems lately, seems like so many more than their used to be. :/ I have severe endometriosis and would also prefer a complete hysterectomy to this.
    iHerp
    Facebook
    1.2.1 Crested Geckos | 0.1 Leachianus | 1.0 Corn Snake
    4.2 Ball Pythons | 0.1 Blood Python | 0.1 Hognose

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thewesterngate View Post
    Interesting to see how many people have female problems lately, seems like so many more than their used to be. :/ I have severe endometriosis and would also prefer a complete hysterectomy to this.
    I'm sure in the past there just may not have been as much known about it? I know at least 3 people with endometriosis. Women's health, especially sexuality and sexual reproduction seem to have gotten the shaft medically speaking back in the day. I mean there were doctors as recent as the 70's that vehemently argued what women didn't even have orgasms!
    The name Stella fills me with dread.
    Mondegreen Geckos
    >iHerp >Facebook

Thanks

I have no advice on the BC issue, but I send my sympathy! Right now I'm dealing with pretty much constant menstrual bleeding, by the time one period stops it's time for another. I just got done taking 10 days worth of hormone pills that seem to have helped a bit, but nothing has stopped the bleeding completely. It's strange because I've already been diagnosed with PCOS and for a long time I would only get a few periods a year. I'm kind of at a stand still because I don't have insurance right now and the doctor bills are killing me ...
    1.1.0 E. agricolae

Thanks

im on the pill to help reduce cysts on my ovaries...and for me it made my depression and anxiety worse...so i was put on a low dose of zoloft for my anxiety and it helped level me out alot. it was the lowest does possible for zoloft and i never felt any side effects from it.
    1.2.0 Leopard Gecko-Zuko, Spaz, and Wretch
    1.1.0Crested Gecko - Sokka and Suki
    0.1.0 African Fat Tail Gecko- Appa
    1.0.0 Tokay Gecko - "Kamikazi"