Thread: My special needs little guy

Thanks

Default My special needs little guy

Three years ago today I got, Little Guy. He came from Jacks and was in very bad condition. His eyes were swollen shut, stuck shed all over, missing several toes and underweight. The stuck shed on his face was so bad that he couldnt even open his mouth. The manager gave him too me because he didnt think he would live.

I should have gotten his picture when i brought him home but to be honest, i was more worried about him living.

He spent the first two weeks having a nightly soak. Even after I got the stuck shed off his skin was horribly dry.

Several weeks later he was gaining more weight, skin was much better but the eyes still werent doing good. It was time for a trip to the vet.

It turns out he has prolapsed skin growing over his eyes in the corners. the vet thought it was likely due to his poor living conditions as a baby and possible genetics. He advised while he could have surgery, it wouldnt do much good and would likely grow back over time. He said, as long as he is eating and get around... just leave it.

A few months later and he was doing 100% better. His eyes just looked a bit funky.

Today, Little Guy is doing fabulous! He never really got "full grown". He is still a bit small for his age but that hasnt stopped him one bit. He can be a little grumpy and will growl at me sometimes when i pick him up, lol. He can be a picky eater but when he gets in the mood for one thing, he is a down right pig heheh. His eyes change from day to day. One day his eyes will look normal and you wouldnt think there was anything wrong, next day the skin tends to creep back more and nearly half his eye will be covered. He is a goof ball though and I just love his silliness =]
    Bailey Gecko's on FB

8.7.5.6.12.15.25...ahh hell, i lost count.. Crested Geckos

Thanks

Angry

Thank you for taking Little Guy in and loving him for the precious, unique kid he is!!

So he isn't perfect!! Are any of us??

He's looking so much better now, and I'm sure his quality of life is tremendous, compared to when he was at the pet store!!

You've done a wonderful thing!!
    Love and Light-
    Donna

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts soon happens to the man. All things are connected."-Chief Seattle

Thanks

Aww! He is very cute! I have a soft spot for sick animals! He is lucky to have found you!
    Beth in Alaska
    1.0.0 Corgi (Pirate)
    1.0.0 Keeshond (Toklat)
    0.2.0 Guinea pigs (Chocolate and Lightning)
    1.0.0 Human (Ben aka The Monk)
    0.0.2 R. Auriculatus (Horrorcow & Ziggerastica)

Thanks

What a great story! Tears came to my eyes! I'm so happy Little Guy is doing great!! You're a great gecko parent!
    ~Kelly~
    2.2.0 Leopard Geckos- Yoshi, Haku, Sen, & Udon
    1.2.0 Gargoyle Geckos-Atreyu, Falcor, & Artax,
    Soon to be:
    0.1.0 Smooth Knob Tailed Gecko- Satine
    http://www.iherp.com/Yoshismom

Thanks

thanks =]

he is certainly different, lol. he refuses to go on the warm side of his tank. His temps are regulated and perfect but he WILL NOT go there. ive put down calcium to see if he goes at night, no prints for weeks. he has been that way since a baby. lil turd hehehe
    Bailey Gecko's on FB

8.7.5.6.12.15.25...ahh hell, i lost count.. Crested Geckos

Thanks

This was an awesome feel good story of the night!

Im happy you got him and helped him im sure even though sometimes he'g grumpy, he really appreciates everything you've done for him
    1.2.0 Leopard Gecko-Zuko, Spaz, and Wretch
    1.1.0Crested Gecko - Sokka and Suki
    0.1.0 African Fat Tail Gecko- Appa
    1.0.0 Tokay Gecko - "Kamikazi"