Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Satanic leaf-tailed geckos

Thanks

Default Satanic leaf-tailed geckos

Does anyone have any clue at all where I could purchase one of these magnificent creatures? Ah man, first time I seen one...and I'm in love. Not really trying to buy one at the moment, still got a lot more research to do on raising them, but if anyone has any clue at all where to buy one (preferably on-line) I want one.

Also, I'm very fond of the Giant Leaf-Tailed Gecko as well, any help would be so greatly appreciated guys and as always, thanks in advance!!

Thanks

I keep Satanics, still growing my group so I don't sell them yet. I highly recommend Lawrence at gekkotas.com. I have several of his. You have to get on his waiting list, then he will email you when spring/fall offspring are ready to go. His will definitely sell out, and only rarely are they offered from sale outside the waiting list. They're getting harder to get because most were WC and Madagascar has pretty much closed down exportation. I've had bad luck with WC's, several died in quarantine. Lawrence's are all CB by him. Good luck!

Noelle

Thanks

Thanks!! So I suppose I just contact him and see what happens. Do you know how much they run for (average I suppose) and do they usually end up with a lot of babies or is it just kind of hope you get lucky to get one? lol

I still have a lot of research and learning to do before I get one, so waiting for babies isn't too upsetting. I'm excited though, and hopefully soon I can get into the geckos

Thanks

He usually has enough for his waiting list. Females are amazingly hard to come by, so he may require you to buy pairs. You'll probably pay around $200-$250 each. If you see a WC come up for sale, they go for around $125-$250, but it's a gamble. These guys are fragile, and CB's are so much hardier. If you decide to go for it, you may want to get on the list ASAP. You're not under any obligation to buy. He's a super nice guy, and he'll call before you get your gecko to make sure you have the proper setup, etc.

Noelle

Thanks

You missed the Urpolatus boat by a year or so. A person used to be able to buy them all the time, there were always ads on kingsnake and fauna. Ah, such is life...now they are super hard to come by, and usually breeders are scooping them up faster than the rest of us can get our grubby little hands on them, lol.

Lawrence is a good dude, that's for sure. Our pair has only laid duds since we've had them. We hatched out one last year, but the lil guy didn't make it.

Thanks

Those look amazing and just crazy. Hopefully they become commonplace again sometime soon.

Thanks

http://gekkonidaeuk.webs.com/apps/we...s/show/1349072

This appears to have just one for sale... in Europe. Just thought I'd share. Good luck

Thanks

Man I'm so dissapointed, I'm going to get on this guys waiting list. They are amazing little guys!

If I can get my hands on one, does anyone know if it's the same situation with Giant Leaf Tails? I like those guys too!!!

*edit*

I see this place GeneralExotics.com is out of stock of the Satanic Leaf Tails, but says they have Giant....is this place legit, does anyone know?

*EDIT2*
    Nevermind, no giants either...still though, anyone ever heard of these guys?

Thanks

The giants (Fimbriatus) are not nearly as hard to get. There were several on Kingsnake yesterday, so those ads probably haven't been bumped yet. Keep watching!

Noelle

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rcarichter View Post
    The giants (Fimbriatus) are not nearly as hard to get. There were several on Kingsnake yesterday, so those ads probably haven't been bumped yet. Keep watching!

Noelle
    I'm not very familiar with kingsnake, but I hear of it often so I assume its pretty reputable. However, I don't know much about using the site lol

I went to the classifieds, searched for the giants but couldn't really find anything. You don't have to, i'll totally understand lol, but if you get a sec, do you think you could maybe link me to one you see on there?