Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What should I feed my Mourning Gecko?

Thanks

with the exo terras you can just slide the holes closed, mine has a little plastic thing that slides back n forth to open or close the holes
    0.1.0 R. Ciliatus Aussie 12X18X20
    0.0.1 R. Auriculatus 12X12X18
    1.0.0 Blue Tonge Skink Lennie the Lounge Lizard
    0.0.2 Dwarf Puffer
    1.0.0 Cats
    1.0 Black Lab/Springer mix Jack
    0.1 Labro-doodle Molly
    If you have a question and you dont know what the answer is, Search before you post!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    Mourning geckos and dart frogs work very well together. Done it many times over the years and have set up a bunch of planted enclosures for customers.
    Not something I would try with a pixie frog

Limey
    how well does that actually work? do the darts eat the geckos or vise versa? i thought it would be a bad combo but that would be cool if they worked out together!
    0.1.0 R. Ciliatus Aussie 12X18X20
    0.0.1 R. Auriculatus 12X12X18
    1.0.0 Blue Tonge Skink Lennie the Lounge Lizard
    0.0.2 Dwarf Puffer
    1.0.0 Cats
    1.0 Black Lab/Springer mix Jack
    0.1 Labro-doodle Molly
    If you have a question and you dont know what the answer is, Search before you post!

Thanks

That is great. I am glad your mourning is doing well

Thanks

So it's been almost a month since we got her. No sign of eggs yet. And instead of being out and active recently she's gone back in to hiding. There were a few days were it got really hot (35 degrees Celsius) so I blamed it on that but it's been back around 25 for a few days and she's still just hiding out all the time. She is still eating as I can see she's eaten some of the Repashy that was I give her every night. Her calcium sacs are starting to bulk up nicely and get huge.

A few questions; When should I start expecting to see eggs? She hasn't laid any that I can find and she's not out enough for me to check her tummy for them. My second question is why you guys think she might not be as active anymore? My thought was that the heat was getting to her, but she's been hiding for about 2 weeks now... Should I be worried?

Thanks for your time!

Thanks

Generally, a single female won't be as stimulated to lay eggs as a pair or trio. it seems that sometimes a female will "mount" another female and that stimulates egg production/ovulation. So no, don't worry necessarily, but if you only have a solo mourning, you may not get eggs as readily.
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Thanks

I noticed a few nights ago that I could see some eggs in her tummy. I looked last night and they were gone and she looked a lot slimmer. I can't find where should laid them though. I haven't torn up her enclosure looking for them or anything, but I didn't expect her to hide them so well.

One thing I have noticed is that her calcium sacs have gotten HUGE. I mixed some calcium powder with her CGD last time I mixed some up so I think that's why their so big. Is it possible to have calcium sacs that are TOO big?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mourninggeckos View Post
    I noticed a few nights ago that I could see some eggs in her tummy. I looked last night and they were gone and she looked a lot slimmer. I can't find where should laid them though. I haven't torn up her enclosure looking for them or anything, but I didn't expect her to hide them so well.

One thing I have noticed is that her calcium sacs have gotten HUGE. I mixed some calcium powder with her CGD last time I mixed some up so I think that's why their so big. Is it possible to have calcium sacs that are TOO big?
    Awesome, congrats! Crossing fingers and toes they hatch for you down the road! They are SO good at hiding their eggs, which is why I "planted" places for them to hide their eggs(my girls' favorite is a communal egg gluing cork bark cave).

Honestly, they go through that calcium pretty quickly, so it's much safer to have bigger stores than smaller ones. Her body can regulate what she needs, and as long as you leave calcium available for her to lick up when she feels like she needs it, that's just fine. I wouldn't mix the extra calcium in the CGD, but rather put a small bottle cap somewhere that she can find it and self-regulate.
    ~Rami | Nova Reptiles | iHerp | Facebook
    7.17.6.7 Crested geckos, 1.1 mix leachies, 1.1 Halmaheras, 1.1 African Fat Tails, 1.2 Tokays, 1.1 Oedura castelnaui, 2.1 Leopard geckos, 0.1 corn snake, & too many feeder bugs.

Thanks

Keep me posted!! She needs company!! I'm excited!!
    Beth in Alaska
    1.0.0 Corgi (Pirate)
    1.0.0 Keeshond (Toklat)
    0.2.0 Guinea pigs (Chocolate and Lightning)
    1.0.0 Human (Ben aka The Monk)
    0.0.2 R. Auriculatus (Horrorcow & Ziggerastica)