Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: disposing deceased gecko

Thanks

Default disposing deceased gecko

sorry to ask such a question but i need to know how you dispose a deseaced gecko if you have no garden to burry them in? i doubt its legal to burry them in a park and it's not legal to put them in the garbage either not that i would ever do that. what are you suppose to do with them?

Thanks

hmmm....it's not legal to speed either....

We usually put ours in the trash because we live in an apartment and don't have a yard to bury them in.

Thanks

Well I'm sorry to hear that you have such a situation on your hand. Honestly though, it is a lizard. I doubt there are laws on how to dispose of a deceased lizard. If I were you, the only thing I can think of is go to the woods or on the side of a nearby quiet road and bury the gecko. Maybe in a shoebox or something with a cricket or some CGD if you want to make it special. Just don't forget your little shovel and gloves!

Thanks

If you're not happy about throwing them in the garbage, you can always walk them behind your apartment to a forested area (do you have one nearby?) and plant them under a tree. Everyone has different beliefs, but since most believe the soul doesn't need the body, you can place it wherever you like.

Thanks

Default idea

What about burying the body in a big potted plant for those of you that don't have a yard? I did that for fish when I was raising and breeding them. It would have to be a big plant for sure, but at least you know something will benefit. Sorry if that's gross to anyone.
    The Zoo: Cresties: Way too many!! Beagles: 1.1 Cats: 1.4 Russian tortoise 0.1 Snakes: 6.10 Tarantulas: 0.3.2 Birds: 2.4

Thanks

I honestly dont think anyone would know you were burying a gecko under a tree in a park. How would any one know?

Unless there are video cameras in the woods

Thanks

I agree. You can find a way to bury your lost gecko. If any of us were to have to resort to disposing of a pet in the garbage, I know we would all feel terrible.

Thanks

I have put deceased small animals in the garbage before. They have to go somewhere and when one passes away in the dead of winter it can be impossible to try to dig up the frozen ground.

Thanks

I know, I've had to do it before too. I just meant that it's not the ideal situation.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poison_iv View Post
    I have put deceased small animals in the garbage before. They have to go somewhere and when one passes away in the dead of winter it can be impossible to try to dig up the frozen ground.
    When I lost so many geckos over the winter to the fungal infestation, I kept them in zip-lock sandwich bags until the ground thawed enough to dig a hole and buried them all together.

They're resting under my white rose bush.

Love and Light-
    Donna

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts soon happens to the man. All things are connected."-Chief Seattle