Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please, someone help!

Thanks

Unhappy Please, someone help!

Okay, when I first joined this forum, I posted about my gecko having weird scabs on him than him ripping them off to learn it was a tumor:

http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...ad.php?t=48458

http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...ad.php?t=48810

(The two posts I made)

The surgery cost an arm and a leg of mine, and I thought everything would be fine after his last check up when he got his stitches out which was in April or May. He had a little scaring left behind with a bit of scabbing after his surgery, and the scabs started getting larger. I thought maybe it was just the skin dying around the surgery spots like I was told it would, but last night Lex shed and I woke up to see this:

What do I do?! There is NO way I can afford another surgery, and I don't want to put Lex through that, 2 surgeries in a year? How stressful!

HELPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!! =(

Thanks

Oh no- that looks horrible, I'm so very sorry!

My best advice is to get him to a vet for a consultation. You won't know what your best options are until you know for sure what's going on...

I do wish you both the best of luck!!!

Thanks

Thanks, I'm going to try and make an appointment for Wednesday, I just hope thats not too late. I just cleaned his tank, and took out anything that could get into the cuts. Just going to keep EVERYTHING as clean as possible. I hope it's nothing tooooooo serious, something maybe a rinse and a cream could fix because I can't afford surgery nor do I think Lex can handle another one

Thanks

I have to keep my Imone's enclosure as sterile as possible since I'm still dealing with her bacterial infection.

My vet has me cleaning it every other day, and I replaced her humid hide (had Eco Earth in it) with an overturned deli cup with a damp paper towel inside and a little cut-out on the side for her to go in and out of.

Thanks

That's all Lex has right now, his favourite log, his hide, his giant plant, some hiding plants, and his water dish. That's all he had after his surgery so I'm assuming right now that's the best bet. Also you can see my nice view from the window hehe

Thanks

I think for his situation, he is housed perfect based on your photo. No soil or anything in his hide. Just the paper towel bottom should be great.
    Could be that the shed pulled off some of the scab material and now it will re-scab over.
    There are several vet type people here on the forum that might be able to tell you the best product if any to put on the open sores.
    Best of luck to you guys!

Thanks

Thanks, I'm hoping it will just scab over, but those scabs didn't come from his surgery, they just showed up slowly on their own so I'm thinking its just the skin dying around what scars there were. I'm going to keep an eye on it for today because it does look like it was just the scabs pulled off, and I'm make an appointment for the vet for Wednesday just to be safe. If I have to give him meds everyday, so be it. He is the sweetest boy ever for what he's been through. He is still active though, which I guess may be a good sign... hopefully haha

Thanks

I just read through the old threads about his ordeal, poor little bloke.
    You know, my vet gives discounts for "same issue" type of problems, so it might be smart to at least call your vet clinic and let them know that this is going on, sort of a follow up. At least they can tell you if its gonna need surgery again, or maybe only a treatment of antibiotics or something.. It almost looks like he's got burns or something there! What kind of cream were you using on him before?

I know you probably know at this point to keep him on paper towel or other easy to clean sterile substrate probably for the rest of his life. Was he given any antibiotics to make sure he wouldn't get an infection post op?
    I'm so sorry to see that he's having issues again. I really hope the vet can figure this out and that he heals quickly and for good this time!
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Thanks

They gave me Flamazine for post surgery, and it was working fine. This started after I stopped using it. I called them when I first started noticing the issue and they said keep an eye on it and call us if there are any major issues, so I'm hoping to go in on Wednesday!

Thanks

Was it oral or via injection? How long did it take for this issue to show up once he was finished with that treatment? I was going to agree with dragonlover, your set up looks great. Just make sure you allow it to dry out some during the day though, too much humidity/moisture can promote bacterial growth!
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas