Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Site...

Thanks

I guess it's something you have to try to get used to seeing on here. I made a post about people being rude and guess what happened? I got the third degree. It really makes no difference to me. I'm a grown man with a great education, a wonderful family and a good job. I enjoy many hobbies that have forums associated with them that I participate in. This one by far is the most catty and judgmental. On none of the other forums do I see people attack someone's post for grammar, being misinformed, asking questions that is important to them (that maybe someone is tired of answering). IMHO if you don't want to answer the question, why waste the energy or time replying with rudeness? I'm sure I'll get hammered for this or get another message, but oh well. I came here for information originally and have gotten some good stuff but the hassle sometimes is not worth it. It seems to me if if they wanted to build membership instead of running people off, (and I know many who have left, and some who only read and never post) they would build a great site. It's a supposed to be a forum, with opinions.
    Rick in Nashville, TN

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sport88 View Post
    This one by far is the most catty and judgmental. On none of the other forums do I see people attack someone's post for grammar, being misinformed, asking questions that is important to them (that maybe someone is tired of answering). IMHO if you don't want to answer the question, why waste the energy or time replying with rudeness?
    I don't know what other hobbies you are in, but of the 3 forums I frequent regularly (snake, pit bull and this one) this is BY FAR the least judgemental. There's just a lot of kids here right now that need an education in acting like adults online, and a lot of adults who don't have a lot of patience for children playing in an adults world.

Have you been to chat lately? Lots of good people having a great time EVERY night. This place is active, helpful, and members show a lot of loyalty and support to one another. This is the type of community you can't find just anywhere, and I think you should stick around a little longer so you can see the better side.
    www.harleygecko.com : Color, Contrast, Structure
    Specializing in Harlequins and Pinstripes in Red, Cream and Yellow
    3.9.20+ crested geckos
    Harley - my first gecko, retired and spoiled
    Pickle - unsexed leachie

Thanks

I would love to see the better side. I'm all about having a laugh, sharing info and being excited about my hobbies an interests. I seriously do appreciate the encouragement to stick around, and I have no plan on leaving unless I get black listed for my opinions. ha ha

On another note, I tried chat on a couple different occasions, entered the room, said "hi" and got no response. Just sat and watched the conversation roll on for about 5 minutes and left.

Like I said, I just enjoy my hobbies, chatting and sharing info and a few laughs with other people that do as well. Not so much into people that take it so seriously they can't get out of the way of their own ego to really enjoy it.

Agin,,,,an opinion. But thanks for the conversation ;-)
    Rick in Nashville, TN

Thanks

The energy in chat can change, and if you pop in and mention that you have questions, there are usually a few of us that are more than willing to help! I agree, rudeness sometimes gets the better of people, (we've all been guilty, me included!) but really, in the big scheme of things, speaking for myself, want people to have a good experience with these little animals as well as respect them for the little lives they are.
    I'm not necessarily against people breeding them, just that I wish people were a little bit more thoughtful and considerate about the lives they may be bringing into an already heavily flooded market, and how they're going to deal long term with these animals that can live a good 15-20+ years that are so prolific!

Back on topic, there has been some interesting information posted on here, and I for one was never taught copyright laws in any school I attended. I'm betting different states have different ways of handling that, heck, it could even differ from school district to school district! I'm not saying that certain internet etiquette be ignored, but I am in the camp of lesson learned, move on, do better next time.

Oh, and I thought the OP had used Webs.com, not weebly? *goes to check*
    Yep. It is a cute idea, and hopefully the OP can make her changes and learn from it all.
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas