Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tank Tips for a Leachie?

Thanks

Default Tank Tips for a Leachie?

I am getting my first R. Leachianus soon and I wanted tips from all you Leachie savvy Pangea members out there.

I know the little buggars like cork bark and such but how much/what type of set-up is best for them? I am going to order some cork bark and other woody goodies for him/her from Pangea (of course!) but how much and what sort of stuff would I need to pimp out a 20 gallon tank?

Show your Leachie set-ups, if you can, to give me a bit of an idea. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

"Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong...because sometime in your life you will have been all of these."

Thanks

Lol we need a PIMP MY TANK thread.
    (and I am no help other than to be the peanut gallery)
    Beth in Alaska
    1.0.0 Corgi (Pirate)
    1.0.0 Keeshond (Toklat)
    0.2.0 Guinea pigs (Chocolate and Lightning)
    1.0.0 Human (Ben aka The Monk)
    0.0.2 R. Auriculatus (Horrorcow & Ziggerastica)

Thanks

Here's Nebula's cage. I need to buy a larger corkbark tube for the frount of his cage now that i've upgraded to his 18x18x24.
    His obsessive pooing has already damaged much of the pothos so I may take those out and just add anouther snake plant.

http://iherp.com/Public/Animals/Anim...PhotoID=143234

I'm basicly going by what leapin leachies has for a basic setup.
    Cork,wood and minimal plants.
    http://www.leapinleachies.com/images...-enclosure.png

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BethInAK View Post
    Lol we need a PIMP MY TANK thread.
    (and I am no help other than to be the peanut gallery)
    Oh, I so agree on that one!

And thanks for the pics Tiedyegecko! Those all look about like what I thought would work, I just don't know where to get all that huge corkbark! Well, the rounds anyhow. I'll figure things out.

"Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong...because sometime in your life you will have been all of these."

Thanks

My local expo sells giant tree trunk size pieces for $5 a pound.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tiedyegecko View Post
    My local expo sells giant tree trunk size pieces for $5 a pound.
    Wow. Where is local for you? Out here in Colorado there is almost literally nothing but PetSmart/Petco. Urgh. And they sell a six inch piece of mopani wood for 15$. OUCH.

Thanks

I just snapped a quick pic, so it's not the greatest:

The biggest thing I recommend is the corkbark tube. Tamechi spends 80% of her time in there, 15% hanging on the glass watching the neighboring chewies, and 5% doing other things, like eating, lol. I just revamped her tank, so the plants need to do some growing. Although, I doubt they are going to live now that she just tore them up laying her first set of dud eggs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by that_girl View Post
    I just snapped a quick pic, so it's not the greatest:

The biggest thing I recommend is the corkbark tube. Tamechi spends 80% of her time in there, 15% hanging on the glass watching the neighboring chewies, and 5% doing other things, like eating, lol. I just revamped her tank, so the plants need to do some growing. Although, I doubt they are going to live now that she just tore them up laying her first set of dud eggs.
    Is that the corkbark tube you can buy here off Pangea? And can I ask what size that tank is? I never can tell from pics. But cuuute gekker!

Thanks

If you are getting a hatchling remember that you need to keep them in a smaller container for them to feel safe and eat well. Start out with a shoebox size sterilite tub with a small cork round. Wait until later to pimp out a big cage or your leachie will be afraid, won't eat well and will therefore grow very slowly.
    Specializing in R. Chahoua

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    If you are getting a hatchling remember that you need to keep them in a smaller container for them to feel safe and eat well. Start out with a shoebox size sterilite tub with a small cork round. Wait until later to pimp out a big cage or your leachie will be afraid, won't eat well and will therefore grow very slowly.
    (S)He is well started. 'Round 22 grams. Do you have a size suggestion for a sterilite tub, then? I have a good amount of cresteds and such but this is my first leachianus and any and all help is mucho appreciated!