Thread: to buy or not to buy... I need opinions...

Thanks

Default to buy or not to buy... I need opinions...

ok so I've been stalking some gargoyles at petco. They've got 3 juvies there... one of them is a not so special brownish guy, another is a mostly white w/orange blotches... and then there's this guy....

Sorry that they're really crappy cellphone pictures... but he's usually a lot more red than this. There's also a little nip on his face, so I could definitely get him for a discounted price.

Thoughts? Is he worth it??
    I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

0.1.1 Uromastyx, 1.0.0 AFT, 0.1.0 Leo, TOO MANY cresties, LOTS of gargs, 1.1.0 KSB, 1 fan toed gecko,1.0.0 Nigel kitty, 1.0.0 Turkelton Sausages dog

Thanks

Do you have the space for him, and do you like him? If you feel he's worth it, (based on not just looks but personality, etc.), then he is worth it. My best goofball gecko came from a Petco rescue. Will I ever breed him? Probably not. But he has given me such joy and so many smiles and laughs just for the little pervy yellow goofcake he is, that it was absolutely worth it. I guess whether he's worth it depends on what your criteria of worth is?
    Personally, I think that garg is cute.
    Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Thanks

My vote goes with "If it makes you happy run with it". I have an el cheapo from LLL Reptile, regen tail no less. Probably the least colored out of all my colors. Has THE BEST personality of all of mine. No regrets! If you like it, get it.
    The zoo
    3.1.0 R. Auriculatus, 1.0.0 R. Chahoua PI, 0.0.3 T. Corticale, 1.1.0 peacock reed tree frog, 1.1 gray banded king snakes, 0.1 snow corn snake, 1.0 beige chinchilla, 1.0 boxer, 1.0 French bulldog

Thanks

I think he's a pretty cute guy! I love the color of his eyes too. I third everyone else, if you want him for the right reasons, get him!
    Can you imagine a world where they would blur out our middle finger to protect a "consumer" over blurring out an innocent child to protect their integrity and privacy? - Pink
    My Boys!
    1.0 Flame w/Dalmatian Spots - Maynard
    1.0 Halloween w/Dalmatian Spots - Zero
    1.0 Betta fish - Mr. Red Balloon Hands

Thanks

Thanks guys. I'm just trying to rationalize getting him or not getting him. I've got housing and space... I just don't ever rush into getting anything (I can even walk around a store with a shirt for an hour and then decide to put it back... deciding to buy a living thing takes weeks! haha) I had my heart set on a black and white striped... but this guy is catching my attention for some reason or another. I'll probably end up making about 10 more trips to visit him and if he's gone, then it just wasn't meant to be!
    I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

0.1.1 Uromastyx, 1.0.0 AFT, 0.1.0 Leo, TOO MANY cresties, LOTS of gargs, 1.1.0 KSB, 1 fan toed gecko,1.0.0 Nigel kitty, 1.0.0 Turkelton Sausages dog

Thanks

Getting a new one shouldn't be an impulse, though some are. If you have the space, time, and money to get/care for him and then ask yourself if you will have regrets if you get him...then you should have you decision. Gargs are addicting so once you get one, you want more, so be warned. If you do decide to get him, you can always get the B&W at a later point and just search around until you find just the right B&W one that tugs at your heart.

Thanks

Since you really want him now, you better go get him. I got Felix and my cresty at Petco, since mine are pretty good stores, and I freaking love them... Sure I don't know their parents, but it's not like I really care. They're both great little guys.

Thanks

i got my best crested i own at petco. hes a cutie i say go for it! cause if you dont and he sells you will regret it