Thread: "Lucky"....before & after the kitty found him!

Thanks

Talking "Lucky"....before & after the kitty found him!

This is LUCKY...born January this year. I had hima nd his clutchmate in a KK and after cleaning I forgot to put back on the reptile shelf and I left ont he dining room table. I woke up to the KK ont he floor and "Lucky" gone, but his clutchmate in the KK still. A few feet away I found his tail, but searched for an hour for him....no luck. Then I saw my kitty playing with something on the floor....there was my little frog butt LUCKY!![/U]

Dana
    Custom Backgrounds & Terrariums/Tanks www.danasdesigns.weebly.com
    3.4.3.4 Cresties, 0.2 Corn snake, 1.1 Kitties

Thanks

Wow. He sure is testing his name!

Niiiiice kitty....
    *** My "N" key is actig up. Luckily, there's no "N" in "crested gecko" or "Rhacodactylus ciliatus".***

2.3.9.12 cresties
    0.2 cats
    0.1 German Shepherd Dogs
    1.1.2 humans (that's 1 adult male, 1 adult female (me), and two male juvies)

Thanks

Thats a pretty sad story. Sounds like you might wanna pay a little more attention to your pets... I would be so pissed if one of my kids where being used as a chew toy, might be time for kitty to go bye bye. lol

Seriously, come on you have to look after these guys.
    2.3.2.? rhacodactylus ciliatus (Crested Geckos) Koda, Lilly, Drogo, Khaleesi, Jax, Arya, Snow, Tywin, Cersei Picasso, Tyrion, Viserys

1 Gargoyle Gecko: Quazi
    Video of our Crested Gecko Room
    http://youtu.be/TxQr2n1n6v4

Thanks

It isn't kitty's fault, kitty was just doing what kitties do. In my opinion the kitty doesn't need to be punished... and attempting to rehome is potentially a death sentence...

I don't usually let our cats in the gecko room but occasionally it happens, especially when someone else leaves the door open or when I'm pretty sure everyone is in secure enclosures. I would've thought a KK was secure. I think this could've happened to any one of a lot of us. Some people have even had their cats break through the screens of enclosures. There but for the grace of God go I.

This has a happy ending, and I'm sure we all can learn from this example, that even a hard plastic KK with very strong snaps on the lid isn't 100% cat-proof.

One thing I've found really helps protect the geckos from cats is leaving a KK containing crickets on the floor. Our cats could sit and watch those crickets for hours, and never even glance at the geckos.
    *** My "N" key is actig up. Luckily, there's no "N" in "crested gecko" or "Rhacodactylus ciliatus".***

2.3.9.12 cresties
    0.2 cats
    0.1 German Shepherd Dogs
    1.1.2 humans (that's 1 adult male, 1 adult female (me), and two male juvies)

Thanks

Thats whats hard about text sometimes, I too have had cats amongst reptiles and thought it was a bit funny for a second.

However, I weigh both cat and reptile life to equal balance and I would be seriously upset if I let my cat eat my reptile or play with it like a toy.

Talk about a tragic experience for the poor pet!
    2.3.2.? rhacodactylus ciliatus (Crested Geckos) Koda, Lilly, Drogo, Khaleesi, Jax, Arya, Snow, Tywin, Cersei Picasso, Tyrion, Viserys

1 Gargoyle Gecko: Quazi
    Video of our Crested Gecko Room
    http://youtu.be/TxQr2n1n6v4

Thanks

I always pay very good attention and provide a wonderful loving home for all my pets, especially my geckos. But mistakes happen. we are only human and that's just part of life.

And yes, I am VERY glad I found my little LUCKY!! Poor little baby!
    Dana
    Custom Backgrounds & Terrariums/Tanks www.danasdesigns.weebly.com
    3.4.3.4 Cresties, 0.2 Corn snake, 1.1 Kitties

Thanks

Glad the little guy is ok (minus the tail) and he didn't suffer any serious injuries. Accidents can happen, with or without cats/dogs/children around...we just have to try and be aware the best we can. Lucky is a cute frog-butt and white nub is adorable!

Thanks

One of my cats has knocked a KK off a shelf and he's still here (the cat, the gecko was later sold lol). But I'd never punish or rehome my cats for being cats.. They're generally really good, its just when the opportunity presents itself the cat is going to be a cat. Best you can do is protect against it (like the reptile shelf).

Glad lucky is ok