Thread: Gehyra marginata

Thanks

Default Gehyra marginata

I've decided to concentrate on some smaller animals, so I am trying to find a new home for my adult male Gehyra marginata, Waffles. He is a LTC; I have had him in my care for over 2 years. All pics here taken today 5/9

He is a beautiful animal, 89 grams (please excuse me if I had cited a different weight to you before; my scale was on its way out) and happily takes CGD and decent-sized dubia roaches. He tends toward a pale greenish/olive color at rest, but when he's out for pics he's darker.

He can be very spazzy at times, and at other times will tolerate handling for short periods. If you are seeking a hand-tame animal this is probably not a great choice.

Known flaws: the end of his tail regenerated to look like a little stinger. He is missing the "index finger" claw on his front left paw - I would wager he lost it in the wild but it does not affect his climbing at all (he can skitter up anything in the blink of an eye!). He currently has a scratch on his head that is healing - my fault, my nails were not trimmed short enough when I tried to pick him up for a weighing and as their skin is thin, he got a small scratch

I am asking $100. I am VERY MUCH hoping to re-home him locally since he has a spastic attitude, so if you are in the northern IL/southern WI area you will get preference over folks I will need to ship to. I will consider reasonable offers.

Thank you for looking!
    Last edited by Jaybee; 06-06-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Thanks

Buyer backed out so I am bumping this. Temps are up pretty high right now so shipping might not be in the cards for a while but I am willing to hold, no big hurry; also a-OK with local sales so I don't have to ship. Northern IL/southern WI areas; I may also be traveling through IL/MO to northern AR later this year and up to WI Dells area later this month if you are in that range and want to save on shipping. Thanks for looking.