Thread: Feeder Shpping

Thanks

Default Feeder Shpping

Daytime temps have been getting up into the hundreds around here lately. I called up the bug company and they informed me I would have to have over night shipping and would cost $22 for shipping alone on 1000 crickets. Now I'll have to wait till moday to even order any. Problem is that I just fed the last of the crickets today. Nearest pet store is an hour away and crickets are 10 cents a piece. I tried ordering more roaches but was informed that it was too hot. I have a small starter colony of 500 mixed sized lateralis but I can't feed off that, can't feed off my hissers. Seems I'm sunk. I was staying broke feeding him before, and now that I have to pay so much more I'll be putting myself into even more debt. Does anyone know of a company that will ship in these temps or what the likely hood of them surviving would be?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 789
    Daytime temps have been getting up into the hundreds around here lately. I called up the bug company and they informed me I would have to have over night shipping and would cost $22 for shipping alone on 1000 crickets. Now I'll have to wait till moday to even order any. Problem is that I just fed the last of the crickets today. Nearest pet store is an hour away and crickets are 10 cents a piece. I tried ordering more roaches but was informed that it was too hot. I have a small starter colony of 500 mixed sized lateralis but I can't feed off that, can't feed off my hissers. Seems I'm sunk. I was staying broke feeding him before, and now that I have to pay so much more I'll be putting myself into even more debt. Does anyone know of a company that will ship in these temps or what the likely hood of them surviving would be?
    I believe Ghann's cricket farm will ship in these temps. Depending on where you're locating in the U.S., they even guarentee ground shipping. I used to use them exclusively, but we fell out over some c.s. stuff and my account was closed. Otherwise, they're really great though and I would've continued with them if not for that incident.
    -Harold
    CC Herps http://www.ccherps.com

Coming soon...

www.versatilevivariums.com

Thanks

Never heard of them, not sure what c.s. is either. I guess I will search for them. Otherwise I guess I'm looking at nyworms.

Haroldo, Can you see if your friend is willing to do a big batch of lateralis? I need lots of adults. I got to get a breeding colony of them started up quick. I'll worry about the dubia later. I would be able to spend $100 or so if it will get me enough of a breeding colony going. Thanks

Ghanns is $33 for over night shipping. Sigh

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 789
    Never heard of them, not sure what c.s. is either. I guess I will search for them. Otherwise I guess I'm looking at nyworms.

Haroldo, Can you see if your friend is willing to do a big batch of lateralis? I need lots of adults. I got to get a breeding colony of them started up quick. I'll worry about the dubia later. I would be able to spend $100 or so if it will get me enough of a breeding colony going. Thanks

Ghanns is $33 for over night shipping. Sigh
    C.S.=customer service

I'll talk to my boy this weekend. How many adults are you expecting to get?

As far as Ghann's, you can choose ground shipping as well I believe which is under 10 bucks.
    -Harold
    CC Herps http://www.ccherps.com

Coming soon...

www.versatilevivariums.com

Thanks

Oh, ok. I'll see if I can get ground shipping. I need to get as many as I can, unless dubia are a better way to go. I've got to get a colony of something asap to feed to my beardie. Like i said, cricket prices are killing me.

Thanks

I tried getting some roaches that are on sale, but it's too hot to ship to me. Sigh. Now I'm screwed. No crickets, no roaches, no food for my beardie. Should have started my roach colony earlier instead of fooling around with crickets. Sigh, live and learn.

What should I feed hissers? They arn't eating dog/cat food ground up but the lateralis devour it. Can't keep enough water gels in there for the lateralis, but again, the hissers don't seem to hardly disturb them.

Thanks

Hissers like potatoes, carrots, any thing that doesn't' have citrus in it. They don't' like the citrus very well.
    ~Christa~
    Avalon Reptiles

" If all the beasts were gone man would die from loneliness of spirit... for whatever happens to the beast, happens to the man" -Chief Seattle-

Thanks

Thanks. I bought carrots for them and forgot to feed some to them. One of my hissers is dead in the top of my egg cartons, it made me sad to see. Some of my lateralis are dead I think. I'm afraid I'm not doing too well here. I need to introduce more of both species. Temps are good though. What do you think of orange head roaches? Thinking of a third colony while waiting for the dubia. Once they all get started it will give some variety, and if I was to get over ran I'm sure I could sell some off. How bad is their defensive odor?

Thanks

Haroldo, did you get to talk to him?

I gave my hissers and lateralis both a carrot. I see the lateralis swarm all over it, the hissers don't come out. I'm not sure what to do with them. Offered dog/cat food, offered fluckers cricket grain gutload stuff, offered collard green leaf, carrot,and the ectotherm strawberry smelling stuff. Doesn't seem to be eating any of it. Sigh

Need to order more adult lateralis though. Temps still too high to order the orange heads that are on sale or the lats on sale. Sigh.