Thread: HELP! egg incunation

Thanks

Question HELP! egg incunation

my girl just laid a couple eggs. i need to know the best way to keep the eggs happy and healthy. i have a general knowledge but i only know a little. please help.

Thanks

first things first mark the top of the egg in which you found it. do you have some sort of proper incubation medium? this website sells super hatch and its some great stuff. you can aslo use hatch rite. vermiculite and peralite. dont use any medium that will pack around the egg. you want a loose type of medium like the super hatch. bury the egg about one to two thirds the way in the medium. i use ziplock containers for my eggs punch a little hole in 3 of the 4 corners for slight ventilation. its better to start off a little dry then too wet and trust me its gonna seem like it needs to be much wetter than it actually does. when using super hatch you can hardly tell that its wet. rule of thumb is you dont want it too wet that it will condensate on the sides of the container and so that there are no noticable water puddles on the bottom of the container either. if the eggs are to dry they will dent a little just add a little small bit of water be diligent. if they are to wet however you likely wont notice til its to late. if you suspect they are to wet slide the top part way off of the container and let it dry some over night.
    Last edited by RevolutionReptiles; 04-27-2011 at 02:13 PM.
    Revolution Reptiles

6.16.Lots Rhacodactylus ciliatus 2.4 Rhacodactylus leachianus 1.2.1 Rhacodactylus auriculatus 1.1 Nephrurus Deleani 3.1.2 Paroedura pictus 0.0.2 Phelsuma grandis 1.1 Salamandra s. salamandra 0.1 Tribolonotus gracilis 0.0.1 Teratoscincus kyserlingi 0.0.9 Different Dendrobates. And a Few more

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by @pangea.Martin View Post
    my girl just laid a couple eggs. i need to know the best way to keep the eggs happy and healthy. i have a general knowledge but i only know a little. please help.
    Can I ask... are these surprise eggs, or are you keeping a male + female together for breeding purposes?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
    Can I ask... are these surprise eggs, or are you keeping a male + female together for breeding purposes?
    lol ^guess that would have been a great question for me to start out.
    Revolution Reptiles

6.16.Lots Rhacodactylus ciliatus 2.4 Rhacodactylus leachianus 1.2.1 Rhacodactylus auriculatus 1.1 Nephrurus Deleani 3.1.2 Paroedura pictus 0.0.2 Phelsuma grandis 1.1 Salamandra s. salamandra 0.1 Tribolonotus gracilis 0.0.1 Teratoscincus kyserlingi 0.0.9 Different Dendrobates. And a Few more

Thanks

no yea i have a boy and girl together. i just wasn't expecting it to go so fast. my order of super hatch is on its way. thanks for the info. greatly appreciate it

Thanks

no yea i have a boy and girl together. i just wasn't expecting it to go so fast. my order of super hatch is on its way. thanks for the info. greatly appreciate it
    You bred your animals, I'm assuming wanting eggs, and you say "i have a general knowledge but i only know a little"...

I hope you understand how frustrating it can be for people to read things like this. This is something you should have had all info on before you even thought about putting the male with the female. It is incredibly irresponsible.

I also hope you have a way of keeping the eggs moist before the incubation medium gets there, because they can dry out in the meantime.

Thanks

yes i do have all the information but there are several different things people do that works for them i was simple looking for helpful tips.. and yes I DO HAVE A GENERAL KNOWLEDGE but a wise man has many advisers. but thanks for your comment. and yes i have the eggs well taken care of. thanks.

Thanks

yes i do have all the information but there are several different things people do that works for them i was simple looking for helpful tips.. and yes I DO HAVE A GENERAL KNOWLEDGE but a wise man has many advisers. but thanks for your comment. and yes i have the eggs well taken care of. thanks.
    Well, generally speaking... waiting until after you put the female and male together to start collecting facts by yelling "HELP" to many advisers isn't the best way to go about things.

If you let people know what you already do know, and what you are trying to whittle down as the best info, people can guide you better. If you just say "I only know a little"... people are going to assume you need to be shown an entire care guide.

Thanks

ok, ill be sure to do that next time. thanks