Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Payments

Thanks

Question Mobile Payments

I should have my ipad 2 in the near future through a no finance employee purchase plan through work. Planning on having it at shows for a variety of reasons. Anybody have experience with Square for mobile payments? Just interested if anybody has utilized it in these type of scenarios. I think the ability to take plastic is something that is sorely missing by the majority of vendors.
    -Charles Mullen
    I'm looking for really nice chahoua.

Thanks

I haven't had any expierience with those systems, but I agree that component is lacking at reptile shows/expos. Although maybe it's not such a bad thing...I'm sure I'd walk away with a million more geckos if all I had to do was just swipe my card real quick...
    A.K.A. Luarazzi

2.2.1 Crested Geckos

Thanks

Yeah I would have bought a lot more geckos if everyone excepted mobile payments. There is a 2.75% charge from Square, that's how they make money. I don't think it's too much to ask for people to agree to this small convenience charge when they use plastic.
    There are a couple other startups for this and of course the credit card companies are clamoring for a option and control. Where going to see this more readily as smart phones/tablets start to utilize near field communications. Than beyond easy mobile payments without plastic peripherals, people will be able to just swipe their phones at checkout.
    -Charles Mullen

Thanks

I just looked this up. I'll be doing my first show in October and I agree that providing the option of credit card is a great thing at a table.

Do you pay for this at all or is there is a monthly fee? I've got an iPhone and iPad and this would be pretty great to have. Can anyone just sign up?

Thanks

Yeah the actual plastic reader is free. You accrue the 2.75 per transaction. At least this is my understanding...of course I will read deeper before I begin to use it.
    -Charles Mullen

Thanks

No monthly fee, no contracts, you get a card reader to attach to your iPad/iPod/iPhone 4 and it costs like $10 for the card reader. It's super straightforward, I love Apple...
    The zoo
    3.1.0 R. Auriculatus, 1.0.0 R. Chahoua PI, 0.0.3 T. Corticale, 1.1.0 peacock reed tree frog, 1.1 gray banded king snakes, 0.1 snow corn snake, 1.0 beige chinchilla, 1.0 boxer, 1.0 French bulldog

Thanks

is that 2.75% something the buyer pays or the seller?

Thanks

I guess it depends what they are buying and how much, but i don't think it's out of line to ask someone for that fee. Honestly I'm a big pushover so I doubt I even bother asking.
    -Charles Mullen

Thanks

Seller pays the fees I'm pretty sure.
    The zoo
    3.1.0 R. Auriculatus, 1.0.0 R. Chahoua PI, 0.0.3 T. Corticale, 1.1.0 peacock reed tree frog, 1.1 gray banded king snakes, 0.1 snow corn snake, 1.0 beige chinchilla, 1.0 boxer, 1.0 French bulldog

Thanks

I use Square for credit cards in my grooming shop. It's pretty straightforward and MUCH cheaper than credit card processing through a bank. I get clients now and then that don't trust it but that's fine, if they want to use cards in my business, they have to accept that or pay cash/check. I just can't afford the insane fees and equipment charges for the readers.

You would just eat the charges though...charging that back to the client is really unprofessional.

www.thatdarncrab.com
    my fishy/crabby/scaly/furry blog that I don't update enough

Um I ran out of room to list everything...just go here..http://www.iherp.com/sericinda