Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fogger or Monsoon rainforest mister?

Thanks

Waterfalls are lovely, I have them in all my tanks. They are also a raging pia, fraught with disasters and messes if not done correctly. I have an experienced professional viv builder do all mine and that's how I get away with it. Foggers are useless unless you're just going for the aesthetics. The Monsoon is not the best you can get for the money. If you're going to spend $100 and want a quality product that has excellent customer support go with Mist King. Mist King is far and away the best product out there and with the new $100 basic system that comes with the seconds timer there's just no excuse to not go with the best. Mist King, hands down the only rationally choice.
    The zoo
    3.1.0 R. Auriculatus, 1.0.0 R. Chahoua PI, 0.0.3 T. Corticale, 1.1.0 peacock reed tree frog, 1.1 gray banded king snakes, 0.1 snow corn snake, 1.0 beige chinchilla, 1.0 boxer, 1.0 French bulldog

Thanks

i need them to keep the humidity up while im at work, when i get home the humidity is at like 40%. so should i go with the mist king or the exo terra mister? the mist king has 1 nozzle and the exo terra has 2 nozzles. do you think 1 mist nozzle will suffice?

Thanks

You really do not have to worry about the whole "keep your tank at this humidity or else" its more of a guide line and not a solid fact.

With a spray in the morning and a heavy spray at night I have no issues with my geckos shedding or dehydration. It is also good to include a water dish at all times with fresh water.

The single nozzle, if placed in the tank's center on the top screen provides plenty of coverage. I should take a video and show the coverage that my single nozzle gets in the 12x12x18 exo.

Mist King would be your better bet still, much better quality parts, upgradeable and the Seconds Timer is unmatched in any other timing device. The timer alone was what made me purchase my Mist King in the first place.

The entry kit for $100 has a pump that is capable of supporting up to 10 nozzles.

The Ultimate kit for $190 has a pump that is capable of supporting up to 20 nozzles.
    Eublepharis macularius 2.1 Normals, 1.1 TUG Phantoms
    Rhacodactylus ciliatus 3.3.7.0
    Rhacodactylus auriculatus 0.0.4
    Lepidodactylus lugubris 0.2.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sammer021486 View Post
    The single nozzle, if placed in the tank's center on the top screen provides plenty of coverage. I should take a video and show the coverage that my single nozzle gets in the 12x12x18 exo.
    Would be great! Maybe I'll buy one system I'd like to see it in action in a 12x12x18!
    1.2.10 Crested Gecko
    1.2.0 Leopard Gecko

Thanks

If you eventually get more tanks and need more nozzles you can either buy them from Mist King or do it the lazy way (which is what I do). Walmart sells an outdoor misting kit that is just nozzles and tubing. It's $15. Works just fine.
    The zoo
    3.1.0 R. Auriculatus, 1.0.0 R. Chahoua PI, 0.0.3 T. Corticale, 1.1.0 peacock reed tree frog, 1.1 gray banded king snakes, 0.1 snow corn snake, 1.0 beige chinchilla, 1.0 boxer, 1.0 French bulldog

Thanks

I had a waterfall for like 2 weeks, NASTY, there was poop in it...That I didn't notice til I opened it to fill it. Gross and gone!
    4.11.10 Crested Gecko (Flash,Nemo,Pip, Addie,Flip,Summer,Chip,FB,Teal, Sweetie, Slice, Star, Scuba, Brinx, Peach )
    2.0 Golden Retrievers (Dreamer,Catcher)

Thanks

Yeah, and that is why I don't use those waterfall things. All of my waterfalls are connected to canister filters. The only way to go.
    The zoo

Thanks

Thats for your input guys, very much appreciated.

Thanks

in this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-k3y...eature=related, he has a fogger thans putting a lot out. is that kind of what your talking about with foggers?

Thanks

Here we go, I took a very quick video showing the coverage that a single Mist King nozzle will provide in a 12x12x18 tank. Most of the foliage has been removed to allow more coverage.

I left the audio in the video to give you an idea of how much noise the system makes. I do not have some of my hoses anchored at the moment so yo udo here a bit of tapping from the hoses, once those hoses are anchored though, you will not hear any nose other than the nozzles and the maybe the click from the timer.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu1wHDZ5aEg&feature=player_detailpage[/YOUTUBE]

You get a bit of commentary along with the video too, lol.
    Eublepharis macularius 2.1 Normals, 1.1 TUG Phantoms
    Rhacodactylus ciliatus 3.3.7.0
    Rhacodactylus auriculatus 0.0.4
    Lepidodactylus lugubris 0.2.0