Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: You've never seen this before :)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by meg90 View Post
    How did he prove it? Emilylovesherps posted a gecko from the SAME pairing that shows next to NONE of the trait. If its really an isolated gene, why isn't her gecko the same as yours visually?

"Prove" is a strong word. I would watch how its thrown around. Again, you have ONE gecko here, and you are saying it constitutes hard evidence that the "white spots" are genetically linked to this gecko, and its parents. But so far, Emily's female blackballs that theory. Where are the siblings? The ridiculously fabulous parents? You know the drill, pics I tell you---or it didn't happen.
    Where did Emily post this gecko? I must of missed it?

Considering I don't even know exactly which of AC's gekcos are the parents of my male, i'd be interested to know how your know Emily has a gecko from the exact pairing...

Also, as I have already stated, Anthony believes this to be a co-dominate trait, so it is completely possible that Emily could have a gecko produced by the same pair as mine. If one has this trait and one did not, they would produce offspring that both do and do not show this trait.....
    www.altitudeexotics.com

For our latest news and updates, follow us on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Altitu...29735193753504

Thanks

But so far, Emily's female blackballs that theory. Where are the siblings? The ridiculously fabulous parents? You know the drill, pics I tell you---or it didn't happen.
    And this matters how exactly? This is not exactly surprising if you've ever bred crested geckos. I can name, and provide photos of, MANY animals from high quality pairings that were not so high quality, and I can show many many sibling pairs where one sibling was an excellent example of a trait, and the sibling was nothing more than a tiger.

This is to be EXPECTED in crested gecko breeding... it is not, and never has been, proof that a trait is not genetic.
    www.harleygecko.com : Color, Contrast, Structure
    Specializing in Harlequins and Pinstripes in Red, Cream and Yellow
    3.9.20+ crested geckos
    Harley - my first gecko, retired and spoiled
    Pickle - unsexed leachie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Emilylovesherps View Post
    Willa is that fancy male's cheaper sibling
    Quote Originally Posted by AltitudeExotics View Post
    But when you take into account what this gecko IS, and what Anthony has proven it to be, (carrying a completely new trait) then it is something you've never seen. Again, there are other geckos with white spots. But no one have ever proven it to be more than just a random pattern till now.

Oh the back pedaling---it begins.

From proven to "I never said that"
    Meg
    THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
    on facebook

Thanks

Oh the back pedaling---it begins.

From proven to "I never said that"

Not sure thats what Emily ment, but even so, I'd like to know how your so sure that gecko is from the exact pairing as mine. And even if it is, this being a co-dominate trait, it is expected that half the hatchlings will not carry this trait. (thats how a co-dominate trait works). So again, Emily's gecko could be the clutchmate of my male, this still means nothing.

Also, the words "i never said that" are no where is the phrase you quoted there..... The only time i said that was refering to the fact that I never said no other gecko exists with white spots. Only that no one has ever PROVEN it to be a new trait. so not sure how i'm back pedaling.....
    www.altitudeexotics.com

Thanks

Wow, this thread took a turn since I saw it last. Haha. I'm not too surprised. It's a controversial topic whenever someone chooses to spend so much money on a gecko (and I'm sure his thread title added fuel to the fire), but Brian obviously thought the male was worth that much to him and it's his business if he wants to spend that amount on something. It definitely goes to show his commitment to, and passion for, the hobby.

If you could sell your animals for that much money, wouldn't you? I think most of us who have sold animals have experienced having to lower our prices when no one bought them for an extended amount of time. When Anthony puts those higher price tags on his animals, they sell. So that must mean that they are worth that much to someone. Yeah, of course his name and reputation jack up that price some... but he earned those things through years of dedication and hard work.

If you think about all of the colors and morphs you see today, it's not like all of a sudden a perfect specimen popped out of an egg and a breeder slapped the name "pinstripe" on it and made a fortune off something that no one had ever seen before. I'm sure there were lots of broken pinstripes around, and everyone had seen the trait before, but it wasn't really recognized and desired until someone selectively bred to get a perfect pinstripe and named it and marketed it. So it doesn't make you a scammer to try to isolate and emphasize something and recognize and name it just because people have seen traces of it before. I'd bet that new morphs generally don't just suddenly pop into existence in perfect form... someone has to decide to work on something and get it established through generations of breeding and then get the new name associated with his-/herself.

Am I 100% sold on the "white spot" thing? No. But I'm not going to suggest that AC is a scammer for working on emphasizing and naming a pre-existing trait (and getting it recognized). And I think it's kind of silly to say that it's a scam because the trait has been seen before. No one has ever paid much attention to it up to this point, so no one has ever tried to isolate it and own it.

You're lucky he's a pretty gecko regardless of the white spots, Brian! Haha. Because even some people who aren't impressed by that trait will want babies from him just for his stunning color, pattern and structure. Anyway, if you're absolutely sure about this trait being something really new and exciting, work hard on it despite what people say! I'm sure there was plenty of skepticism about the morphs we see today when people first started working on them.
    Currently working with R. ciliatus

Thanks

is there any chance that you could post pics of the parents Brian?..im sure AC wouldnt mind.thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Interhactive Gecko View Post
    is there any chance that you could post pics of the parents Brian?..im sure AC wouldnt mind.thanks
    I don't have pictures of the parents. I know his red extreme harley male named flash is the male that he first started this project off in 2009, but not sure exactly which geckos are the parents of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren and Hunter;399686
    You're lucky he's a pretty gecko regardless of the white spots, Brian! Haha. Because even some people who aren't impressed by that trait will want babies from him just for his stunning color, pattern and structure.

[B
    Anyway, if you're absolutely sure about this trait being something really new and exciting, work hard on it despite what people say! I'm sure there was plenty of skepticism about the morphs we see today when people first started working on them.[/B]

Exactly my point, people don't have to believe this boy is what I say he is, but I believe it. I've seen what Anthony does with geckos, and I personally talked to him before I bought these guys, because at first I was very skeptical that this boy was more than just a neat looking gecko. But I am now 100% convinced. Only future breeding will prove it either way...
    www.altitudeexotics.com