Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You've never seen this before :)

Thanks

Default You've never seen this before :)

Got probably the best package ever today. Our latest shipment from ACreptiles.

Were gonna jump right into it with the best of the best. This boy is hands down the most amazing crested gecko we have ever seen. He is so weird and unique, I don't even know where to begin or how to describe him. He is from a brand new morph Anthony is developing, white spots. The spots on this boy are neither just part of or a product of the traditional harley pattern. Nor or they the typical white "porthole" markings we see a lot. The pictures speak for themselves, though this boy has so much going on the pictures don't show. All I can say is, wow. I couldn't believe when i first saw pictures of this boy, and can believe it even less now that I see him in person.

The most interesting part, is talking with Anthony, he has told me this trait is not something he has line bred. Every "morph" we have so far in cresties are all natural traits that have been line bred/selectively bred to enhance the appearance. (for example selectively breeding dalmatians to get superdals, or breeding partial pins to get the full pins we have today) The trait that gives this boy his white spots and other unique markings is something completely genetic, not something enhanced through selective breeding. From the breeding with this trait Anthony has done, he is fairly sure it is a Co-dominate trait.

Even the markings on this guys face show signs of being affected by this trait.

We also got 2 females with this boy, that both come from this project. The more impressive of the two is this lavender girl. She isn't nearly as impressive as the male, but she is definitely not something we have ever seen either. (her pics don't show her as well)

We also got this red girl. Her spots are a lot harder to see. She is fired up in these pics, though we caught her fired down a few min. ago, and her spots really show themselves then.

Needless to say, we are beyond excited to see how these geckos produce for us. I cannot wait to see what pops out of there eggs!!!

P.S.- we got 3 superdals today too from Anthony, but this post is big enough. I'll make another one for them.
    www.altitudeexotics.com

For our latest news and updates, follow us on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Altitu...29735193753504

Thanks

That male is just so amazing its not funny! I'm glad you got to really nice ladies to pair up to him as well. I'm so thrilled to see offspring from these!
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Thanks

Amazing! So beautiful!
    ~Amber~
    "Saving the life of one animal may not change the world, but the world will surely change for that one animal"
    Anyanka's Geckos
    RIP Willow, Darwin, Tara and Chai. I miss and love you all!

Thanks

So you were the one that picked up that boy! He is amazing!!! I would love to have that one in my collection. They are all beautiful geckos.

Thanks

They sure raise the bar!

Thanks

Amazing lad. Loving the white spots. I love geckos with white on them, and this guy is divine. I also was wondering who picked him up. Like the last girl too! It will be really fun to see what they throw out for you.
    The name Stella fills me with dread.
    Mondegreen Geckos
    >iHerp >Facebook

Thanks

HOLY CRAP! I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE.

That male is unbelievable.

Good luck with the group! Sign me up for babies.
    -Armen

Thanks

DEAR GAWD! YOURE THE ONE?! i hate you. lol. i need to be first to know when u get babies from him

Thanks

I'm glad he's with someone who wants to work on this project, he's amazing!
    Always check the Fauna BOI before you buy!
    :: iHerp :: Template Reptiles :: Canine Habits ::

Template Reptiles on Facebook

Thanks

Brian, those geckos just made me throw up in my mouth!! Nasty