Thread: Slippery Glass?

Thanks

Default Slippery Glass?

Hi Everyone!!

First post so I'll introduce myself First time Crestie owner, my brother and I have 2 Cresties; Sammy and Sid Sammy's mine, Sid is my brothers. We don't know the sex as they're still quite young. They've been together since they were born and so far they've been fine together but if we get any problems we'll have to split them up Fingers crossed it doesn't come to that. They love banana and crickets (not together I might add! :P) but they're being stubborn when it comes to CGD. I've got the banana Repashy stuff so maybe they'll take to that better

That's Sammy, taken tonight.

Sid's at the top, and Sammy's at the bottom

Just a couple of questions. I cleaned them out tonight and cleaned the glass with spray I got from the pet shop. I put them back in and they can't climb the glass, it's too slippy for them So now I'm regretting doing that. So what I want to know is, how can I make it...not slippy? Also, what kind of morph do they look like? I think they're harlequins but I'll be honest and say I'm no expert!! Thanks!!

xxx

Thanks

Id say put the tank in the bathtub and scrub it out with hot water and get any of the spray stuff off of the glass , you dont really need any special solution to clean just a bleach/water solution plus it doesnt leave the tank slippery
    Gargoyle Gecko 3.1.2, Pygmy Mice (lots)
    Darren http://www.iherp.com/pennhillszoo

Thanks

Thanks! I'll give that a go

Thanks

They might have walked in their food. You might want to try giving them a sauna...if you do not know what that is it is when you put your crested in a damp container holing paper towels. People often do this to aid in shed or cause the geckos to fire up for photos. Just get a container for example a glad or ziploc sandwich container, put paper towel inside and spray it. Then leave the gecko in the sauna for 5-10 minutes (not too long or they will suffocate) and place the Geckos back in the cage and they will most likely be able to stick to the glass unless there is somthIng wrong with the spray you put on the glass.
    Rhacodactylus Auriculatus