Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Green tree pythons

Thanks

Default Green tree pythons

I really want one. I would love to have a red, yellow and green. But I wanted a few opinions from someone who has had one or knows their temperaments.

Thanks

As far as I know, they hatch red or yellow and turn green over time. Adults are generally green, sometimes with blue or yellow highlights. I've never kept one, so no first hand experience with their temperment. From what I hear CB animals are much less aggressive on average. I am intrigued by these and ETB's, so I share your enthusiasm. Good luck if you do purchase one.
    1.0.0 crested - Cuervo

Thanks

Green Tree Pythons tend to be pretty nasty temperment as far as I know and are considered a snake for advanced keepers. They should be handled the bare minimum. Hopefully someone else will chime in that has owned one.
    "I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message."-Steve Irwin​

Thanks

I have not owned one but had a friend that did... they definitely are not a beginner snake. His would strike at you if you even walked NEAR the cage... let alone tried to handle him. They are more of a "display" snake... one that you really only get joy out of making a kick butt habitat and practicing good husbandry for and watching do it's thing (which happens to be most likely either striking at things or hanging off a branch in a pretty little coil. And yes, they do lose the yellow/red once full grown. Adults are going to be the emerald green color.
    I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

0.1.1 Uromastyx, 1.0.0 AFT, 0.1.0 Leo, TOO MANY cresties, LOTS of gargs, 1.1.0 KSB, 1 fan toed gecko,1.0.0 Nigel kitty, 1.0.0 Turkelton Sausages dog

Thanks

Well that is terribly sad to hear! I wanted one :/ But yeah I do know that most of them do just hang around in the coil we usually see them in. It also sucks that they do not stay that color their entire life. Although since I am going to school for Herpetology I would enjoy getting one int he future just so I could set him up in a nice habitat for him to live in and enjoy life striking at me or him doing whatever he likes to do. Hahaha. I still would love to hear from someone who owns one. Maybe they could have a nicer outcome :P

Thanks

I wouldn't be too discouraged. I'm sure there's a nice GTP out there somewhere.... I just haven't met one yet, haha. regardless of a grumpy attitude, they really are gorgeous snakes that have amazing habitat options. On my list of reptiles that I would love to build an enclosure for one day... so many options and cool things you could do!
    I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

0.1.1 Uromastyx, 1.0.0 AFT, 0.1.0 Leo, TOO MANY cresties, LOTS of gargs, 1.1.0 KSB, 1 fan toed gecko,1.0.0 Nigel kitty, 1.0.0 Turkelton Sausages dog

Thanks

I wouldn't even know where to start with building one for them, i'm not even sure what they would need! Inform mee

Thanks

Some of them are tame, I've heard most are not, lol. There's a guy on youtube who has a beautiful pair of ETP, I think they're emerald.... But they are SO tame, he has so many videos of him handling them and letting them cruise around with him. Here's a video of one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJyMb...el_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNJcp...feature=relmfu
    Can you imagine a world where they would blur out our middle finger to protect a "consumer" over blurring out an innocent child to protect their integrity and privacy? - Pink
    My Boys!
    1.0 Flame w/Dalmatian Spots - Maynard
    1.0 Halloween w/Dalmatian Spots - Zero
    1.0 Betta fish - Mr. Red Balloon Hands

Thanks

That guy.... is my hero.

Thanks

The first video is of a green tree python. The second video is of an emerald tree boa. They are similar in appearance and are both arboreal, so one could be confused for the other.
    1.0.0 crested - Cuervo