Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grande Terre Type A, Type B, Nuu Ana and Island E... What is the difference?

Thanks

Question Grande Terre Type A, Type B, Nuu Ana and Island E... What is the difference?

OK, so obviously I am looking at Lechies, but through all my homework I am not finding a fare comparison or breakdown of differences between Grande Terre Type A, Grande Terre Type B, Nuu Ana and Island E Giant Geckos. I would also like to know why people are now so hot on purchasing Grand Terra x Nuu Ana now? Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

Grand Terre animals in general are larger, more expensive, and take longer to reach sexual majority. Larger is cool in some ways but also has a lot of downsides. You don't want to get bit by a large leachie or pooped on. I was at a friends house a few weeks ago and had a large Mt Koghis chilling on my arm, getting it off is a delicate task because the claws on a 300+ gram leachie are like cat claws.

I personally don't care for mixed locales. Some people like them because the smaller island locales tend to be more colorful and the GTs bring size. Also you are keeping the line genetically healthier in theory as the GTs and island animals have never been crossed before.

Great info can be found in the below links.

http://www.giantgeckos.net/giantgeckos-cms/
    http://www.leapinleachies.com/
    -Charles Mullen
    I'm looking for really nice chahoua.

Thanks

The difference between them all is where the original specimens were collected.

This thread over on the Repashy forums will tell you everything you need to know.

http://www.forums.repashy.com/rhacod...caledonia.html
    www.altitudeexotics.com

For our latest news and updates, follow us on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Altitu...29735193753504

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SillyDaddy View Post
    OK, so obviously I am looking at Lechies, but through all my homework I am not finding a fare comparison or breakdown of differences between Grande Terre Type A, Grande Terre Type B, Nuu Ana and Island E Giant Geckos. I would also like to know why people are now so hot on purchasing Grand Terra x Nuu Ana now? Any assistance is appreciated.
    I guess I was able to sway you into getting a leachie lol. Your best bet in trying to understand the differnce in Type A,B,C... is to check out giantgeckos.com and look under the grand terre giants tab on the left. Leapinleachies.com Has a great brek down wth pictures of all the isle locales.

I guess you could say if you want something not to big and realy colorful go with a henkeli (isle local), TYpe A and Mt Koghis come really dark but thats not the rule. Type B tends to be a little smaller then type A with more blotching. I just got a Riviere Bleue and he is big and has a lot of blotching and speckling. It gets real confusing real fast.

GTxNuuAna are crossed for the size of the GT and the color of the nuu ana. and its also good for genetic diversity.

hope i didnt confuse you more.
    -mario
    1.1 R. L. Leachianus - MT. Koghis (Troeger)
    1.0 R. L. Leachianus - Riviere Bleue
    1.0 R. L. Leachianus - GT Type B
    1.0 R. L. Leachianus - GTX Type B x Pine Isle
    0.1 R. L. Henkeli - Pine Isle
    0.1 R. L. Henkeli - Pine Isle X Nuu Ana
    1.1 R. Chahoua - Pine Isle
    1.0 R. Ariculatus - Striped
    1.0 Blue Heeler - Jack
    0.1 Boxer - Bella

Thanks

Yes, my basic question is of size and temperament. I am not so concerned with color. I do not plan on breeding. If I do get a breeding pair, the youth will go out cheap to someone who does their homework. I just got a copy of the Rhac's Bible from the Bean Farm a few days ago, and I need to finish reading up. I figure anyone true to the animal should know them, have their habits and have the habits ready before they EVER purchase. My only thing is the cost, but on the flip side the longevity of the breed makes up for that. I also have had to do some research to find and purchase the plants for their terrariums. I have gone with Exo Terras. I have purchased a Nano for a Juvie, a medium Jungle, and plan on getting a X-large as soon as all the plants arrive. It is a live plant set-up with a mix of soil and coconut husk. I am looking now at some worms to help keep the soil rich and have hydro spheres already in place with a barrier to keep the soil from running into the spheres. I am using mopani wood and am hollowing out a few pieces for Bromiliads and Cissus. Time and testing to make sure the environment thrives, then add the animal(s). I am wondering about whether or not to us silicon to seal the backing of the habitat in place so the occasional Dubia does not hide out back there. Just thinking about it, I am looking to add leaves from the house plants to create some ground litter w/o the worry of pesticides. Just a basic rundown...

Thanks

I dont know too much about using live plants and stuff with my leachies. I just use corkbark cork tubes and in my larger englosure i use cocofiber for the substrate everything else gets papertowels. I prefer not to offer any of my rhacs dubias inside their enclosure, there are just way too many places for them to hide. I feed them dubias once a week and usually have to break the heads open to get the leachies to lick the guts for them to eat.

As far as temperament from the yate's ive seen (only 2 or 3 large ones over 300g) they seemed to be pretty well tempered. Steve C. from LeapinLeachies has a giant yate "Bubba" who he brings to every show and he hangs out with people all day. It really does come down to the animal, every leachie has its own personality. So there is no rule to say that every GT is mean or every Henkeli is tame. Ive seen both forms both evil and tame. It also has to do with what you want. Something huge or something smaller. A lot of people (myself included) are drawn towards big black mean poindimie's. Its all personal preference, but fair warning a month after getting your first your going to start looking for a second. Hell i bought 4 on tuesday!!!
    1.0 Blue Heeler - Jack
    0.1 Boxer - Bella

Thanks

I do planted tanks with my leachies. Best bet is getting things that they wont crush. Low heavy plants and wall climbers with thick leaves that wont be in the way are good. Main thing you need is cork bark rounds and or flats propped against a dark back corner works well.
    Sarah & Jake
    LunarGecko.net
    Feel free to check out our Fauna reviews or follow us on FaceBook!
    You can also check out most of our animals on our iherp page.

Thanks

Does anyone have any pictures of Isle E animals? I'd like to see some

I too am pretty leachie-illiterate, lol
    Meg
    THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
    on facebook

Thanks

Meg - all mine I have posted are island E's aka Moro's

Sarah & Jake
    LunarGecko.net
    Feel free to check out our Fauna reviews or follow us on FaceBook!
    You can also check out most of our animals on our iherp page.

Thanks

Those are some really good looking Moro. How old are they?
    1.0 Blue Heeler - Jack
    0.1 Boxer - Bella