Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wrinkly skin

Thanks

Tostada (the dark/slender one) is sitting at 44.4 empty. He doesn't really look it, that's for sure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
    Tostada (the dark/slender one) is sitting at 44.4 empty. He doesn't really look it, that's for sure.
    No, he really doesn't. Thanks, I'm going to see if Rhoads gains a little more as the temps go up. If not, ~vet trip~

Thanks

Thanks, Jaybee, those pics helped alot.

Do you see the difference in JB's Tostada vs your Sandy, Space.kase?

Thanks

thanks for the pic Jaybee and everyone else too for the help. yah there's a big difference in the geckos but i never knew it was so bad to hand feed? i just let them take licks of cgd off a spoon and when there done i put them back? they don't eat in their cages. i put a thin layer of cgd and look for lick marks. Tostada looks like my male Snoop who i also handfeed, Sandy just takes more licks than he does. im just happy she's no longer ill and her swellings gone down, that was the whole point in hand feeding but now it's time ot let her be and just keep moniter of her weight. I must admit i'll miss it they'rs something theraputic about comming home from a crazy shift at work and hand feeding adorable geckos

regarding my other thread about eating/nuzzling in the potted plant soil i'll be getting supplies to make a laybox today incase she needs it. it was around 4 months ago there was another gecko with her for a few day. it was suppose to be female but they faught badly so maybe male

also i'm getting the hygro meters today...is there a certain brand/style i should get? i know that they can be a hit or miss with how accurate they are

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 799 Posts

One of the issues with hand feeding is that it makes it difficult for others to babysit your geckos if they don't feel comfortable hand feeding. It's best if they get used to eating their food on their own.
    Specializing in Crested Geckos
    Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
    Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
    Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Thanks

Females can fight with females, that they fought was no indication of sex either way.

Like I said, get a digital hygrometer, not one of the dial kinds.

Thanks

the dumb store only had dial kind so i got those to use for now until i find some good ones online. thanks again for everyone help in these threads. i think you saved me from me causing another disaster with my gecko. and i'm so glad i came to this site because now instead of just hoping i'm doing things right with the geckos i can ask and talk to other keepers/experts

Thanks

There are good digital combo hydrometers/thermometers here on this website. Whe I order from here it seems to arrive very quickly.

My male is also hovering between 29 and 30 grams, but his tail is nice and thick, and at least to me he seems to have similar proportions to JB's good example. I wouldn't worry too much about yours if he looks healthy and is active (is't lethargic, climbs around, etc).

Are you leaving the food in there at least two days? Lately, I haven't seen any lick marks until the third day.

I also second what others say about wanting your pets to be able to eat without handfeeding. What if you were't able to hand feed for awhile? You want them to be able to eat even if someone else is caring for them. I *sometimes* offer mine some food by hand, just as part of handling and inspecting them, more because I like to do it. But it's the exception, not the rule.
    *** My "N" key is actig up. Luckily, there's no "N" in "crested gecko" or "Rhacodactylus ciliatus".***

2.3.9.12 cresties
    0.2 cats
    0.1 German Shepherd Dogs
    1.1.2 humans (that's 1 adult male, 1 adult female (me), and two male juvies)

Thanks

the problem with ordering from Pangea is i live in Canada. last time i tried to order a couple packs of CGD the shipping charges were $39.99. i guesss it cost a lot to ship to canada? its a little silly. i have a friend in Georgia who sends me packages and it's only a few dollers.they have good prices and products on this site so i would love to order from them.

my male is very active and drink lots of water so i wasn't worried until he hadnt eaten for 3 weeks and started looking too skinny. the only thing he would eat on his own was mango/apple/kiwi babyfood. i started hand feed him clarks after that. (handfeeding repashy was a disaster.) theres pictures somewhere on here showing hes not over weight and is healthy.

and honestly we never go away for longer than 3 days so there would be no problems with needing a gecko sitter. but i agree with everyone and will give them time and let them eat on there own. at least until they start to look sick again or loose all their weight

Thanks

hey guys i'm going to sound like a complete idiot can someone please tell me how to make my little hygro meters stick to the side of my tanks? i cant figure it out. only one side of the little donut sticky thing is sticky so i dont see how it will work? anyone? help....

i made some pics to show what i got