Thread: red spot?

Thanks

Default red spot?

In this thread, I had a rant about a WTF that I almost bought, but didn't because of red spots on the legs and reaching a little onto the sides. She was brought home for a little bit, but never came into contact with my frog. I looked today, and he seems to have a spot on his butt area. Here's a couple pics. I've had him for 9 months. He eats like a champ, poops, and acts normal. I never noticed this before, but then again, I never payed much attention to his butt area.

1.1.0 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
    3.0.0 Agalychnis Callidryas (Red-Eyed Tree Frog)
    2.0.0 Litoria caerulea (White's or Dumpy Tree Frog)

Thanks

I can't be sure, but it could either be scarring from trauma, or perhaps a sign of bacteria. Redness on the belly can be indicative of bacteria. I can't be sure without having a vet look, of course.

Thanks

If you are referring to my frog, I don't think it's bacteria. He eats fine and he seems to be doing really well. There is NO redness on his belly. He looks perfect except for this spot. Not sure about the other frog though. She could have bacteria, which was my original thought. She has an orangish belly, so she might have something. She also has a lot more of them and some of them look open. Napoleon's, my frog, looks closed. I vaguely remember a red spot there when I got him, but it could just be my bad memory or a dream. Anyway, I'll keep an eye on him, but I really think he's fine.

Thanks

I think the bacteria is cheap any easy to treat. I believe we drop Ivomec on the back with a micropipetter or do a soak. They usually work really well. If you have a vet you can trust, give them a call. When I get imported amphibs in, I always take them to the vet for Ivomec and fecal checks. This usually only runs me $25 per animal.

Thanks

I've had him for almost a year and never had issues. Anyway, I emailed Dr. Frye and he first said that it looked like it needed to be treated. I took a new picture, and it's almost healed all on its own, so he said that it would be best to wait and see, but it's awesome that it's already almost gone. New pic:

Thanks for all your help, though.

Thanks

Also, I have found Baytril works best for bacteria. That's what my vet gives me for issues. Iver might work as well, though. Baytril is more broad spectrum, I believe.