Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ExoTerra Monsoon RS400 or Mist Kings Ultimate.Value.Misting.System.....

Thanks

Question ExoTerra Monsoon RS400 or Mist Kings Ultimate.Value.Misting.System.....

has anyone ever used either of these and what was your experience with it or them comparatively.Any advice on any of these or your own suggestions would be greatly appreciated . Thank you

Thanks

That is so funny...I was about to post this EXACT question today!

I hope we get some answers

Thanks

i have the mistking value system which is essentially the same as the ultimate minus a few nozzles and stuff, but it works great and its super easy to set up and the timer works great, my favorite thing is that you can use any size water container, i got a 5g bucket from walmart for 2 bucks. Also other features that won me over is the actual fineness of the mist, its perfectly sprayed every time, it runs super quiet, and the pump can also run without water with no harm so you dont have to worry about it burning up. hopefully some one can chime in with the monsoon info for comparison.
    Best Regards,
    Jake

Thanks

I haven't owned a Mosoon but got to play with one at a NARBC show and Mist King was there too. Mist King is a FAR superior product. If you use the search function this comparison question was asked before. The owner of Mist King chimed in too (Marty). The ultimate system doesn't come with a bunch of extra nozzles but you can either order them from Mist King or do what I did and go to Walmart and get an outdoor misting kit for like $25. It has more tubing and nozzles. All you really need is the pump and the seconds timer from Mist King. Far superior product than anything else on the market.
    The zoo
    3.1.0 R. Auriculatus, 1.0.0 R. Chahoua PI, 0.0.3 T. Corticale, 1.1.0 peacock reed tree frog, 1.1 gray banded king snakes, 0.1 snow corn snake, 1.0 beige chinchilla, 1.0 boxer, 1.0 French bulldog

Thanks

I'll third Mist King...awesome product at a killer price!
    - Keith

Thanks

Hmm I just ordered the monsoon.. now I'm a little worried.. =/

Thanks

I currently have 8-9 tanks that I would like to hook up to a misting system. This would take a lot of pressure off of having to mist 3-4 times a day. I need something that has an even mist, no drips in odd areas. Putting it on a timer would be excellent.

Looking into getting something here soon... possibly at TINLEY. It would be great if both were there to demo.
    ..JESSICA..
    | 5.2.2 Crested Gecko | 1.1.0 Leopard Gecko | 1.1.0 Horned Frog | 1.0.2 Panther Gecko |
    | 1.0.1 Bearded Dragon | 1.0 Uromastyx | 1.0 Tiger Salamander | 1.0 Sand Boa |
    | 1.0.0 Gargoyle Gecko | 0.1.0 Mossy Leaftail Gecko |
    | 1.0.0 Mini Lop-Pancakes | 2.1.0 Cats- Bailey, Rufus & Abbey

Thanks

mist king all the way. i use it and works great. pump can run dry and pump is strong enough for 10+ nozzles. you cant beat the price.

Thanks

Go with mist king, I only have 2 tanks so the monsoon was enough for me but after two tanks You basically need mist king.
    1.1 R. Leachianus
    0.0.1 R. Chahoua
    1.1.2 R. Ciliatus
    Along with Uroplatus, Eurydactylodes, Phelsuma and Leopard Geckos

Thanks

I bought the Exo Terra Monsoon system about a month back..

Its timer never worked since I first plugged it in.. I called Exo Terra and they were no help!.

I returned it and got a replacement and it's timer didn't work eather!.. (It was off by 5 hours).. I was going away for 3 days so I set it up for 17hours (so it would go off every 12 hours for 8 seconds).. when I got back it had dumped a gl of water into the tank and almost killed my baby.

I called Exo Terra again and told them and yet again, they didnt care.. so I returned that one and bought a Mist King system at the last Reptile Expo. (I havent hooked it up yet, but it looks like its built alot better)